Talk

Advanced search

Predicted baby name trends

(63 Posts)
Militantmartha Mon 08-Jul-19 18:47:26

Which names do people think will start to become popular over the next few years?

Which names have you started to hear more of recently that you think will increase in popularity?

Skyejuly Wed 10-Jul-19 20:44:46

Manon
Zara
Pippa
Lucy
Charlotte

Arlo
Max
Ezra

Sophronia Thu 11-Jul-19 00:06:38

Old Testament boys names are popular so I can see people looking for alternatives to Noah, Reuben and Isaac - maybe Micah, Isaiah, Solomon, Asher, Asa, Caleb, Gabriel, Jonah and Seth will rise, among others.

sweetkitty Thu 11-Jul-19 00:13:24

Latest two babies I’ve heard off were Alfie and Ella

2littleninjas Thu 11-Jul-19 00:17:04

I have a Jude and when he was born there were none and that seems to be getting very popular

villamariavintrapp Thu 11-Jul-19 00:23:29

Biblical boys names have been very popular for a while, maybe more of the girls names too..? Sarah, Ruth, Rachel, Hannah, Leah?

Lavenderblues Thu 11-Jul-19 07:53:46

For girls
Elsie, Violet, Aurora, Betsie

For boys
Arthur, Quentin, Hugo, Wilfred

hazandduck Thu 11-Jul-19 10:13:53

Lots of Adas, Penelopes and Willows in the last year or two. And I know about a million Teddys born in the last year or so.

Rosiesandposies1 Thu 11-Jul-19 16:35:26

Hazel
Layla
Luna
Willow
Wren
Elsie

Theo
Oskar
Grayson
Gabe
Seth
Micah
Elijah
Eli
Saul

I just hope we don’t get Gertrude, Wilbert, Bernard, Pamela, Kevin, Gary, type names (applies if you have these names!).

daisypond Thu 11-Jul-19 16:56:04

Edwardian names are going out of fashion, so next in fashion will be names of the 20s and 30s. They are already emerging - things like Daphne or Barbara. But they’ve not yet hit the mass market. Old Testament names for boys have been current for 20-30 years, so they will go out of fashion and be dated very soon.

DonEmmanuelsDingleberries Thu 11-Jul-19 17:49:25

I think Germanic and Scandi names will become more popular for girls: Hilda, Ingrid, Freya/Freja, Astrid, Agnes, Frida, Greta, Heidi

hazandduck Thu 11-Jul-19 18:44:22

@daisypond I love Daphne!

BigGlasses Sat 13-Jul-19 00:33:21

Girls I think slightly less cute/frilly names will come in. So less Millie/Daisy/Ruby and more Silvia, June, Daphne, Lois, Irene, Mary.

Boys i’m not so sure what the next big names will be. Ezra and Reuben seem to be rising fast. Possibly Robert and Kenneth may be the next trendy ‘old man’ names

rachelgrace Sat 13-Jul-19 18:15:59

I have heard Nancy and Mabel a lot lately!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »