Talk

Advanced search

When one of your future baby names is Adam... Then Love Island ruins it!

(24 Posts)
Pudding01 Tue 12-Jun-18 22:07:10

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyone else get put off names when you someone you dislike has it? - Always known nice Adams, until Love Island!

ellalouise90 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:58:07

Yes totally .. thoughout school my favourite name was Freya then this girl in sixth form was ever so nasty and put me off the name ever since!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 13-Jun-18 22:20:45

Love Islands not that important and certainly not to the point where i would let me put it off my chosen name.

MeyYael Wed 13-Jun-18 22:24:55

I've never watched Love Island... But aren't there quite a few (semi) famous men named Adam? I personally probably wouldn't worry.

Picknickers Wed 13-Jun-18 22:25:06

Easy answer...don't watch it! Adam's a great name and he'll be your Adam.

Normandy144 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:28:14

I don't watch the show but just wanted to say don't let it put you off. The show will fade into nothing very quickly as will the participants. Adam is a classic name that can outlive this easily.

Pudding01 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:31:27

I still like the name Adam ๐Ÿ™‚ Was just a bit of a tongue in cheek post, because Love Island is my guilty pleasure. Still annoying that he had to have my name though ๐Ÿ˜‚ x

DaisyChainsForever Wed 13-Jun-18 22:31:31

i watch Love Island every year (don't judge me!) and can barely remember any of last years contestants.. let alone the year before! Don't let it put you off.

Pudding01 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:34:08

I'm just glad I didn't have Eyal on my list!
Thanks for the reassurance on Adam though, it's a name that has grown on me since DH suggested it x

PixieN Wed 13-Jun-18 22:35:06

Adam is my favourite boys name too. Only ever known lovely Adams ๐Ÿ˜Š Never watched โ€˜Love Islandโ€™ so its not been contaminated for me lol.

happymummy12345 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:36:40

Why would a tv programme put you off using a name?
(FWIT I love love island and I love Adam wonders who wouldn't?)

Itsear Wed 13-Jun-18 22:46:35

Love the name Adam, only half-wits watch Love Island and Adam has been established as a name for centuries so I wouldnโ€™t worry

SemperIdem Wed 13-Jun-18 23:51:14

Iโ€™ve never met a Katie that Iโ€™ve got on with. Would never name a daughter of mine any name which could result in Katie as a nickname, never mind use it as a first name.

SemperIdem Wed 13-Jun-18 23:52:08

No idea if there is a Katie on Love Island, Iโ€™ve never watched it and donโ€™t intend to ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

melse2964 Thu 14-Jun-18 00:01:07

Haha am the same xx

Pudding01 Thu 14-Jun-18 06:32:40

Thanks @Itsear. Never been called a half-wit before... But, this is Mumsnet! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Pudding01 Thu 14-Jun-18 06:36:34

Luckily Adam has redeemed himself with me after helping Dr Alex... So Adam is now back in the running ๐Ÿ˜† x

4GreenApples Thu 14-Jun-18 06:58:30

Iโ€™ve been put off names because of people I dislike in real life having them - but Love Island?

This time next year you probably wonโ€™t even remember who Adam from Love Island is!

AuntieStella Thu 14-Jun-18 07:03:38

I wouidn't have known about Love Island.

I don't even really think Barlow (as not a core character IYSWIM, and that's programme regularly on the 'most watched' list)

I expect more people will think of the Old Testament than a telly programme, especially one which is not mass-appeal.

Pudding01 Thu 14-Jun-18 07:47:30

Very true. I don't believe for a second that if I were to have an Adam next year, that everyone will remember some superficial wannabe playboy from Love Island ๐ŸŒด I think my post may have been taken a little too seriously by some ๐Ÿ™‚
But I do think this problem can happen in real life and has put me off a couple of very nice names! X

raspberrycordial Thu 14-Jun-18 09:23:04

I have a dc with a very recognisable towie name (not named after the actual character but born after this character was a major figure in towie), no one has ever commented on it other than to say it's beautiful. I know an Adam and he's lovely

Dangerousminds Thu 14-Jun-18 11:35:29

I think some people might be taking this a bit seriously op grin

I hate hate love island Adam, it would totally put me off the name!!! Until about a week after it's ended and all is forgotten of course.

RancidOldHag Thu 14-Jun-18 14:57:17

No, just taking you at your word!

Pudding01 Thu 14-Jun-18 17:02:10

@Dangerousminds ๐Ÿ˜‚ So glad you saw the humour in the post!

@RancidOldHag, several words throughout the thread to show it wasn't serious ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Thanks for your input though
X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now ยป

Already registered? Log in with: