Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Middle name for Cian

(11 Posts)
Northernbeachbum Tue 22-May-18 20:26:46

I think it's the name we will use (although we can use it with limited Irish ancestry can't we?) But I like the idea of a middle name but none sound right except Alexander.

Can we have Cian Alexander with a very long surname?

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 22-May-18 20:31:03

Cian James.

Northernbeachbum Tue 22-May-18 20:41:36

Ooh that works, I'll add it to the list to suggest to DP

DramaAlpaca Tue 22-May-18 20:46:13

I do like Clan. It goes very well with both Alexander & James. And of course you can use it with limited Irish ancestry & a long surname.

Just be prepared for people unfamiliar with the name to call him See-an instead, because that will happen.

Northernbeachbum Tue 22-May-18 20:49:57

Luckily we are from a very rugby orientated family so the name will be known thanks to Cian Healy. More of an issue outside the family but easily rectified smile

Sophronia Tue 22-May-18 22:50:28

I like Cian Alexander more than Cian James

catalinablue Wed 23-May-18 04:21:53

Cian Alexander sounds lovely. Do remember his full name will almost never be said as a whole as he gets older. Usually just first and last, so I don't think having both a long middle and last name would matter too much, so long as they sound nice to you.smile

user1498549192 Wed 23-May-18 15:27:32

I think Cian Alexander is lovely. I also think the following would go:

George
Luke
Samuel
Joel
Oliver
Joshua
Elliott
Matthew

Northernbeachbum Wed 23-May-18 16:04:43

Oooh I like Elliot, I wouldn't as a first name but that sounds great together

ellalouise90 Wed 23-May-18 17:26:26

Cian Alexander is lovely

sycamore54321 Wed 23-May-18 18:11:42

I really like the balance of short then long in Cian Alexander and think it would be fine with a long surname. (How many syllables are we talking?)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: