Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Kitty, Daphne, Primrose or Ciara

(53 Posts)
Daphnedolittle Mon 21-May-18 21:20:15

Hi All,

Which name do you like best and why? To go with DS Rory.
Daphne
Kitty - Would consider Katrina as full name but much prefer Kitty/Kit
Primrose
Ciara/Keira - DH is Irish and we have a Rory. Really like the Irish routes of this one.

Thank you!

redmini4 Mon 21-May-18 21:31:02

Rory and Kitty sounds nice together. No need to lengthen Kitty either, fine on its own.

applecatchers36 Mon 21-May-18 21:33:46

Ciara is lovley and goes well with Rory
Kitty doesn't sound like a proper name more like a nickname IYSWIM

LastNightsMakeUp Mon 21-May-18 21:45:41

Oh I love Daphne!

lashesandflashes Mon 21-May-18 21:47:18

We liked Daphne and Kitty. Ended up using kitty as a middle name. Still like daphne but wouldn’t go with our surname

Joeybee Mon 21-May-18 21:49:46

Adobe off this list. It's an old lady name that really needs to come back into popularity. Daphne to me sounds like a strong, courageous girl.
The other names on your list sound the opposite - girly, cutesy. I'm not as much a fan. Kitty I think is a great as a nickname. The Irish name I wouldn't be certain how to pronounce. Primrose is quite nice, some good nicknames you could get from it too. It's different without being try-hard.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 21-May-18 21:56:29

I like Primrose (Rosie).
Rory and Rosie.

Daphnedolittle Mon 21-May-18 22:06:51

So far you've all chosen a different one grin
With Ciara we would consider the Keira spelling as it's more obvious how to pronounce it in England.
I like Primrose shortened to Posy. I think Rory and Posy sound great. DH isn't sure it's serious enough yet he loves Kitty.

LePamplemoussse Mon 21-May-18 22:07:50

Primrose.

Daphnedolittle Mon 21-May-18 22:09:16

joey I agree about Daphne. It's so gorgeous. My only issue with it is the nickname potential of Daffy and Daffers which aren't so nice but highly likely at school.

RaininSummer Mon 21-May-18 22:11:40

Tough one. I like all of your choices a lot.

Mrsknackered Mon 21-May-18 22:13:31

I love Daphne! In fact I like them all, but Daphne tops it!

BB2018 Mon 21-May-18 22:18:27

They are all lovely! I keep adding Primrose to my own shortlist and then crossing it off, but I love it. Potentially a good middle name?
Ciara Primrose?

Canone Mon 21-May-18 22:20:38

All lovely. Primrose is very pretty and quirky, I like it!

InkSnail Mon 21-May-18 22:21:24

Yes, Ciara Primrose smile

bridgetreilly Mon 21-May-18 22:23:01

Oooh, Primrose/Posy is gorgeous. I also like Kitty but I would give her a longer name she can use when she's older if she wants. I don't like Ciara or Keira, and I'm on the fence about Daphne.

MarshaBradyo Mon 21-May-18 22:25:02

Primrose- not keen on Kitty and Posy is cute

ellalouise90 Mon 21-May-18 22:35:44

Ciara! Would you pronounce it like Kiera though? I really love it pronounced as ci-ara , c making a lower case c sound x

Jammycustard Mon 21-May-18 22:37:49

Kitty.

Caitriona/Caitlin/ for long?

RavenWings Mon 21-May-18 22:51:48

Kitty - I think it's cute but wouldn't use it alone, it's very infantile for a grown woman. Definitely a contender if used with Katrina.

Primrose - this is really awful, fussy, flouncy and little girly.

Daphne - same issue as Primrose re fussiness but a better name imo.

Ciara/Keira - nice. I'd use Ciara. And if you're using it because it's Irish, pronounce it properly.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 21-May-18 23:03:11

Ciara

Daphnedolittle Mon 21-May-18 23:09:34

We would pronounce Ciara the traditional Irish way, Keer-ah. The reason we are considering the Keira spelling is for ease of pronunciation over here.
We considered Ruairi with ds1, but glad we chose Rory as everyone spells and says it correctly.

eggncress Mon 21-May-18 23:09:40

Daphne ...it’s strong and confident sounding

Daphnedolittle Mon 21-May-18 23:10:09

Thanks for all the comments so far by the way. Mostly very positive which is nice to see!

RedDwarves Mon 21-May-18 23:11:44

Daphne.

Rory and Kitty do not go at all. It sounds themed. One sounds like a lion, the other a cat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: