Talk

Advanced search

Girls Names Shortlist! Opinions and Ideas :-)

(26 Posts)
Cosmoa Sat 17-Feb-18 20:41:44

Okay so we have a bit of a random mix of names that we like! I'm due a girl in the Spring..

- Soraya (so-RAY-ah) I like Raya as a nn.
Not sure on a mn
- Marley mn Maya (I like alliteration) don't like Marl/Marls
- Saskia - Not sure on mn
- Eska - Again not sure on middle name..

Welcome to opinions and new suggestions! I love loads of names but most just don't 'feel' right...

(Oh and I don't care that Marley is also a pet name (like Poppy is).. There are lots of girls with the name smile )

ChocolateCrunch Sat 17-Feb-18 20:49:16

Love Saskia, but not keen on the others, sorry.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sat 17-Feb-18 20:53:37

I agree, Saskia is cool !
How about Eleska or Harlow.

Cosmoa Sat 17-Feb-18 21:20:10

I love Eleska! But bf vetoed that because it sounds like Alaska. Which doesn't bother me either! And he also vetoed Harlow 😞

Afreshcuppateaplease Sat 17-Feb-18 21:21:04

Love Saskia

Not keen on others

Ickyockycocky Sat 17-Feb-18 21:21:07

Saskia, lovely.

glitterbiscuits Sat 17-Feb-18 21:21:54

Saskia

PinkAvocado Sat 17-Feb-18 21:22:22

Saskia is the nicest.

Cosmoa Sat 17-Feb-18 21:25:20

Any ideas for a middle name for Saskia? If I were to choose it? (we're gonna wait and see what she feels like when she's born)

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 17-Feb-18 21:27:56

Saskıa is gorgeous.
I like Marley, but I'm not getting the Maya connection. Mind you I've never got the Margaret and Daisy connection

Ickyockycocky Sat 17-Feb-18 21:29:45

Saskia Belle

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 17-Feb-18 21:34:29

Saskıa Florence.
Saskıa Maude
Saskıa Jean
Saskıa Belle
Saskıa Lily
Saskıa Rose
Saskıa Rae
Saskıa Joy
Saskıa Pearl
Saskıa Jasmine
Saskıa Mabel
Saskıa Poppy
Saskia Louise
Saskıa Rosabelle
Saskıa Mairead
Saskıa Ruth
Saskıa Brooke
Saskıa Willow
Saskıa Morgan
Saskıa Violet
Saskıa Molly
Saskıa Josephine
Saskia Olive
Saskıa Wren
Saskıa Robyn
Saskıa Leigh
Saskıa Lois
Saskıa Jane
Saskıa Paige
Saskıa Nicole

Cosmoa Sat 17-Feb-18 21:34:45

We like Maya but it's in the top 50 which I prefer to avoid.. So bf suggested Marley Maya... Maya being a middle name rather than a double barrelled name. I'm mulling it over! But I change my mind easily confused

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 17-Feb-18 21:36:34

Saskia Rain.
Saskıa Meadow
Saskıa Grace
Saskıa Eden

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 17-Feb-18 21:38:27

Oh I thought you said Marley nn Maya.
I'll have to get my Apple pies Tested.

AnElderlyLadyOfMediumHeight Sat 17-Feb-18 21:39:36

Saskia is lovely. Don't like the others, and Marley is dreadful for a girl.

Cosmoa Sat 17-Feb-18 21:39:45

Thanks Awwlookatmybabyspider! Some aren't my style or are a bit to popular. I feel like you can be braver with middle names!

I particularly love Saskia Rae! But I know a lot of babies with that middle name lately confused

Cosmoa Sat 17-Feb-18 21:41:37

Easy mistake! It wasn't super clear haha!

Oh and really love Saskia Rain and Saskia Meadow. I know bf loves the name Rain..

DramaAlpaca Sat 17-Feb-18 21:44:09

Saskia is nice.

I'm not keen on the rest, especially Marley.

Belindabauer Sun 18-Feb-18 10:54:20

I like Saskia best.

Snoopy90 Sun 18-Feb-18 10:55:09

Saskia

daisypond Sun 18-Feb-18 11:17:14

Saskia is nice. I like Soraya as well, but I would assume you were Muslim - both the Sorayas I know are, but it is pretty. I really dislike Marley - it's a type of flooring. Maya is fine. Eska I don't like on its own, but if it was a nickname for a name like Francesca, that's nice.

Cosmoa Sun 18-Feb-18 11:28:53

@daisypond

Ahh I never thought of Eska being a nick name for Francesca! Unfortunately it's the name of a friend who is due at the same time so would seem a bit odd to me..

Soraya is of Persian origin and DP is English but with Persian heritage, also Indian and Portuguese! So if she has a look of him when she's born than I think I would definitely consider this name! Like I said I also love Raya as a nickname (Ray-ah) smile

Cosmoa Sun 18-Feb-18 11:32:50

Because of Bob Marley I never see it as anything but a name! And I know there are loads of girls called Marley. Nobody I know thinks it's a weird name so that kind of think wouldn't put me off! I just don't like the nn Marls confused

daisypond Sun 18-Feb-18 12:02:11

Soraya is spot-on, then, if your DP has Persian origin! I'm afraid all the people I know would think Marley a very odd name indeed for a girl.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: