Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Urgent help!

(16 Posts)
user1497545304 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:23:40

Here are the remaining three names:
Emiya - (e-mee-uh)
Camila - (ca-mee-luh)
Addelyn - I'm really not sure about the spelling... I'm not sure if two Ds look right... maybe Adelyn / Addilyn? Opinions please.

Which one and why? Middle name will probably be Rumi.
Thanks!

shakeyourcaboose Sun 11-Feb-18 21:26:23

I know an Adeline, Addie for nn so my fave!

Isadora2007 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:29:02

Well as I’d say your names differently-
Eh-may-ah
Cam-ill-ah (Parker Bowles)

I’d go with Adeline like a PP suggested and not use your spellings at all.

Or Addison is nice.

SnackSnackEatAndCrave Sun 11-Feb-18 21:34:42

Adelyn Rumi sounds lovely

VandelayIndustries Sun 11-Feb-18 21:41:45

It was important to me that people knew how to pronounce my child’s name when they read it. Otherwise you are always dealing with correcting people.

I’d say Emiya eh-my-ah
And Camilla (duchess of Cornwall)

Does addelyn ryyme with madeleine?

AdalindSchade Sun 11-Feb-18 21:42:39

Camila Rumi
Or Adeline Rumi

shakeyourcaboose Sun 11-Feb-18 22:00:12

Are you looking for your Camilla to be the Spanish Camilla as in Camilla Cabeo where it's 'Ca mee ya' as the ll makes a 'yuh' sound if you know what I mean?

Foggymist Sun 11-Feb-18 22:14:41

Are you just making up spellings/names? Camilla is nice, Adelyn too but not sure on the spelling.

RavenWings Sun 11-Feb-18 22:25:23

Emiya - I'd pronounce this em-mai-yah. People will learn but if that would annoy you, I'd avoid.

Camila - Id have guessed it was Camilla and reminds me of yer one married to Prince Charles. Nope.

Addelyn - not with that spelling. Adelyn or Adeline are nice. This is my fave of your names.

Petalflowers Sun 11-Feb-18 22:30:32

I’ll be honest, I don’t like any of them, and the child will spend a lifetime of having to spell her name out (and explain pronounciation?).

kateandme Sun 11-Feb-18 22:38:03

id pronounce them different to how you did and id then worry you will forever be correcting people too.
they are all beautiful names though.when pronounced your way I love them.

IVflytrap Mon 12-Feb-18 00:10:59

Camila. Although I more often see it spelt Kamila or Kameela. I believe it's an Arabic name.

Adeline (spelt that way) is my second favourite.

I think Emiya will get a few double-takes, or people hearing it as Emilia/Amelia, so I would avoid that one.

floriad Mon 12-Feb-18 00:14:15

Emiya = e mee yuh

Camila = like Camilla

Sorry.

YerAuntFanny Mon 12-Feb-18 00:20:25

Adeline.

The other 2 would mean a lifetime of correcting pronunciation and spelling for your DD which from experience gets a little tedious!

I also really dislike Rumi although I'm not sure why.

Bloomed Mon 12-Feb-18 00:23:33

Adeline is gorgeous

SuperBeagle Mon 12-Feb-18 00:27:30

Adeline.

Rumi is very Beyonce though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: