Talk

Advanced search

Opinion please

(19 Posts)
Bitsandbobsalot Thu 08-Feb-18 11:05:42

I wasn’t going to post at risk of been flamed but after some thought I would like opinions on a name that I love.

It’s Teddy for a boy I love it I feel it’s cute for a little baby/toddler and can be shortened to Ted when he’s older. My dh is quite happy with this to.
I also would like to use it for a girl to but change the spelling to Teddi I think it’s lovely It goes with our surname nicely and it’s definitely not common. I don’t like Theodora I’d like to use it in its own right. Am I a little crazy is it too odd and out there ?

beckymad1x Thu 08-Feb-18 11:06:38

Nope not at all!

A girl I know has a girl called Teddy, gets weird looks but it really suits her!

GirlcalledJames Thu 08-Feb-18 11:52:56

It's out there, but the heart wants what it wants.
Teddie looks a bit better than Teddi if you're dead against the 'y'.

bassackwards Thu 08-Feb-18 12:03:36

I really like teddy/ted for a boy too. Great choice. Would his full name be Theodore?

For a girl... no so much. There is a particular item of sexy lingerie known as a 'teddy' and so I think that name, however spelled, might conjure up the wrong image for some.

Bitsandbobsalot Thu 08-Feb-18 12:06:02

Thank you I had expected to be told I was a nutter blush. I just haven’t found a girls name I love as much. I’m not against the ie it looks “prettier” but I am the Y if baby is a girl I’m not sure why but I am.
My eldest dd has a very traditional name but we’ve given her a out there nickname that’s stuck that she loves and that she’s probably more known as (would out me to say). So people wouldn’t be overly surprised that I’ve used a out there name for this one. It’s not like I want to call the baby Pineapple. To be fair it may be pointless as I’ve still got a weeks wait for my gender scan. I just think I’d regret not going for it if I go for something else.

Bitsandbobsalot Thu 08-Feb-18 12:08:47

No if baby is a boy I will be going for Teddy. Im personally not keen on the Theodore either.

bassackwards Thu 08-Feb-18 12:11:57

What about Tandy/Tandie/Thandie (as in Thandie Newton)?

Callamia Thu 08-Feb-18 12:50:16

Teddy for a girl might be short for Edwina, if you’re desperate.
Teddi is pretty awful though. Boys names on girls are cool - go with that.

Meemzinha Thu 08-Feb-18 16:56:32

I think Teddy/Teddi as stand alone names for either are lovely!!! Go for it grin

NewYearNiki Thu 08-Feb-18 16:59:14

Teddi is horrible.

I'd hate that now. Im a solicitor and introducing myself as Teddi and on official documents and certificates.

Theodora you can do something with. Thea, Dora, etc.

Teddi as the only name you have ...no!

And it is a sexy item of lingerie.

Faintlinesquints Thu 08-Feb-18 17:07:20

I do like Teddy for a boy, prefer Theo which could be changed to Teddy as a nickname.
Really dislike Teddi for a girl, Teddy is marginally better. I do love Thea though.

TheVanguardSix Thu 08-Feb-18 17:13:18

It's super cute, OP! I like Teddi for a girl or Teddy for a boy.

BertrandRussell Thu 08-Feb-18 17:14:33

Just so long as you would call a boy Dora.....

hollyberrytree Thu 08-Feb-18 17:14:35

Not a fan at all. Unless for a bear.

I don’t see it as a name for a mature person

FenellaMaxwellsPony Thu 08-Feb-18 17:17:16

I think it’s a brilliant name..... as a nickname. I think it’s probably wise to use a less cutesy full name in case they don’t like it.

bluesouper Thu 08-Feb-18 17:17:38

Not a fan but if you do go for it for a DD please at least spell it with -ie.

MikeUniformMike Thu 08-Feb-18 19:13:25

Teddy for a girl is fine, Teddi isn't.
It could be short for Edwina or Theodora .
Teddy for a boy could be Edward or Theodore.

JumpingFrogs Thu 08-Feb-18 20:30:22

Teddi as a nickname...but she needs a proper name that will suit her for job applications etc whatever path she takes through life, and personally I just don't think Teddi is a serious enough sounding name. What about Tessa? Then you could call her Tessie as a nickname....

floriad Thu 08-Feb-18 20:46:49

Theodora and Tessa are both nice.

Or maybe Edwina, Edda, Edith nn Eddie / Teddie?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: