Talk

Advanced search

Girl name suggestions please

(54 Posts)
Stacy07 Tue 06-Feb-18 10:00:29

Yet to find out what we are having but my gut instinct is a girl. Boys name for us was simple and we have decided on Cole.
I like short girl names so far
Cara
Lara
Luna
Leah
Hope
Aria
Libby
Lana

Nothing has stood out so far and second name will be Smith so looking for something that fits and would like something that is not too popular.

T.I.A for any suggestions

Smoliver Tue 06-Feb-18 10:19:27

I love Cole for a boys name. From your girls shortlist, I like Cara and Aria the most. Luna and Leah are also nice but I think Cara or Aria work best the surname Smith.

Other suggestions you might like:
Lila
Lola
Layla
Ayla
Nina
Nora/Norah
Nova
Avia
Ada
Ida
Thea

AnyaMoondial Tue 06-Feb-18 10:23:23

Cara is fab. How about Greta?

VileyRose Tue 06-Feb-18 10:27:01

Jade
Ruby
Lola
Lena
Jenny
Alice
Amber
Sarah
Lara
Emmie

PeasAndHarmony Tue 06-Feb-18 10:29:37

I like

Cora
Cleo

Stacy07 Tue 06-Feb-18 10:30:50

I love nova and everyone I’ve mentioned it to think I am crazy lol! Totally against it including DP. Also like Amber but it’s my sister in laws name so ruled out! Great thanks for suggestions so far! Some names I had never heard or thought of.
Is Ayla pronounced Ae La? If u understand what I mean 🙈. Greta again is one I had never heard before.

Chocolateyescakeyes Tue 06-Feb-18 10:37:02

I love Nova too!! But we seem to be in the minority! Definitely still a contender for me though.

MammieBear Tue 06-Feb-18 10:43:08

Or how about Ada and Nola?

Stacy07 Tue 06-Feb-18 10:43:32

Oh definitely , I think it’s a lovely name and unusual, if DP wasn’t so against it i would consider it too, don’t mind what other people think but we need to agree lol. My mum also hated DS name which is Ollie and now loves it tho, at that time there wasn’t many and think it was too unusual for her but has grown to love it

Stacy07 Tue 06-Feb-18 10:44:54

Ada is quite nice, think it goes quite well with Smith. Adding a few to my list for sure and see which one sticks.

FannyHertz Tue 06-Feb-18 10:45:02

Seren
Stella
Cleo
Scarlett
Ada

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 06-Feb-18 10:47:53

From your list I like Cara. Lana and Luna.
Other suggestions.
Keira. Maia. Laia. Nina. Cora. Vera. Anna.
Lois. Clara. Laura. Zara. Emilia. Rosa.. Eliza
Olivia. Delia. Louisa. Lilıa. Raina. Claudia.
Lucia. Elena. Martha. Leah. Ava. Eva. MIa
Laila. Isla. Nia. Ella. Farrah.
Faye. Kate. Beth. Alice. Amy.

BrutusMcDogface Tue 06-Feb-18 10:48:13

I think Ayla is pronounced like Isla; at least a friend of mine has one who is!

Ada is fab, and is on my list!

Inthedeepdarkwinter Tue 06-Feb-18 10:50:54

Ada Smith is quite an illustrious name, a quick google tells me there was a jazz dancer/cabaret owner called this, a senator, and gymnast.

So, she could be whatever she wanted to be!

Stacy07 Tue 06-Feb-18 10:54:15

Lol that is amazing! Never thought to put the names into google! This has made me like it even more!

Oh I see it now but didn’t register as “Isla” in my head, I quite liked “Aela” when I read it lol probably not even a name

Louisia sticks out from that list and Leah is one I’ve been considering too! Was a name I had for first child if he had been a girl!

IVflytrap Tue 06-Feb-18 11:36:51

Mara
Shona
Dahlia
Lisa (due a comeback, in my opinion)
Faye
Erin
Aster
Amara
Lyra
June
Joy

Afternoon Tue 06-Feb-18 11:43:38

Tara
Lena
Grace
Stella
Anna
Xanthe
Tina
Chiara
Ivy
Ruby
Emma
Alice
Seren
Jasmine
Zara
Lorna
Pippa

Jenna43 Tue 06-Feb-18 11:49:37

I like Leah and Cara from your list. I also love the names Cole and Nova -are you also a fan of Teen Mom-that's where I first heard Nova

Abetes Tue 06-Feb-18 11:56:29

Claudia
Julia
Laura
Amelia

Stacy07 Tue 06-Feb-18 12:07:28

Haha I hadn’t thought of Cole from teen mom but nova yes! I don’t think I was as keen to begin with but I has slowly grew on me! Myself and DP are not married yet and Cole is part of my surname. As DC will have his surname I just thought Cole is nice name plus it’s a little bit of my surname in there too! Not sure if it’s silly or not but I do like the idea and Cole Smith seems to fit nicely!

Loving all these suggestions! Thank you! Lots to add to list and see what DP agrees on x

BlueChampagne Tue 06-Feb-18 13:13:24

How about Zoe?

Smoliver Tue 06-Feb-18 13:49:44

Is Ayla pronounced Ae La? If u understand what I mean

Yes, that's how it's pronounced. I never heard of it until a friend of mine named her daughter it smile

Stacy07 Tue 06-Feb-18 14:10:02

Zoe I like but unfortunately can’t use for personal reasons.

Oh great, I really like Ayla

IWouldLikeToKnow Tue 06-Feb-18 18:33:30

I love Ada. Also Cara, it's the Irish word for friend.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 06-Feb-18 18:54:07

Love Cole, how about Lyra or Roxie ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: