Talk

Advanced search

Vibe and possible personality of Name LEVI and name JETT

(49 Posts)
1Lara1 Fri 12-Jan-18 08:20:09

We finally brought it down to the names Levi or Jett (or Blake).
What springs to mind when you hear these names?
What vibe do you get?
( it would help me as well to know which country/ state you live in !!) smile
Thank you , Lara

ferriswheel Fri 12-Jan-18 08:21:30

Erm, Lara's my favourite. So pretty.

EvaBlu Fri 12-Jan-18 08:22:23

I’m in London.

Jett remember nds me of Katie Price Who has a son Jett. This is not a good association in my mind.

Levi is nice and as an Old Testament name I tend to associate it with Jewish families.

Blake is American.

haba Fri 12-Jan-18 08:23:05

I say this kindly, but this will be your first baby?
They're born with their personality, trust me, no name will influence it!
Their name will invoke reactions though, Jett and Blake far more than Levi, which is pretty traditional.
Congratulations on your pregnancy flowers

Rudgie47 Fri 12-Jan-18 08:28:30

Levi I would think was Jewish.
Blake I would think Amy Winehouses ex husband.
Jett, John Travoltas son who died.
Out of them all I prefer Levi.
I live in Leeds.

RatRolyPoly Fri 12-Jan-18 08:28:46

I'm in the UK and Jett makes me think of the bloody annoying plane from my toddler's favourite TV show, Super Wings. That probably not a common connection though, so forgetting that I think of the precious stone. It's quite a ...confident... name isn't it.

I probably prefer Levi as it's more versatile; I can picture Levi suiting a lot of different types of person, and certainly would be easier to wear into adulthood. Jett isn't very "mature" IYSWIM.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Fri 12-Jan-18 08:29:03

Levi is a nice name I think - a range of associations from the biblical to Levi Stubbs, Levi Strauss and Levi Roots. Also a murderer in a very notorious case a few years ago in the UK but he didn’t become famous enough to be a problem.

Jett seems a bit “trying too hard to be cool” to me. Like a name a B list filmstar would give their child, which then translates to certain class connotations when used in the UK.

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Fri 12-Jan-18 08:32:10

Agree with Haba that the name doesn't reflect the personality of the child (or though may reflect the type of parents!)

I much prefer Levi or Blake to Jett

Jett sounds a bit too 'try hard'

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Fri 12-Jan-18 08:32:30

Levi was a lovely Old Testament name, but it's been hijacked by those of a class I'm not allowed to name. Jett is on the same level.
Sorry.

SuperBeagle Fri 12-Jan-18 08:55:40

All three names would be considered low class where I live.

I'm in Australia (NSW, specifically).

LG93 Fri 12-Jan-18 08:58:35

Jett makes me think of that 90's show gladiators blushBlake I think of as quite American. Levi is ok, although reminds me of my friends dog - but that's obviously not a valid reason for someone not to use it !! grin

pigeondujour Fri 12-Jan-18 08:58:38

Levi was* a lovely Old Testament name, but it's been hijacked by those of a class I'm not allowed to name.*

You're a cunt.

Levi is lovely OP.

SuperBeagle Fri 12-Jan-18 09:00:51

Oh pipe down, Pigeon.

The OP asked, people have given their thoughts/first impressions.

EssentialHummus Fri 12-Jan-18 09:06:24

London here, but foreign.

How about Jet? It's a quirky enough name without the extra 't'.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Fri 12-Jan-18 09:08:09

Thanks, pigeon. I've obviously hit a raw nerve...

rcit Fri 12-Jan-18 09:12:18

Levi Bellfield is a murderer so I think I would discount it on that basis.

Jett or Blake are fine.

I think someone called Jett would have to be quite cool to carry that off.

Blake is fairly unisex as well. Depends if that’s what you want.

pigeondujour Fri 12-Jan-18 09:13:37

@SuperBeagle away you go.

Ohyesiam Fri 12-Jan-18 09:20:09

Levi makes me think of Jamaican kids, I met a few out there.
I've known one Jett, and he is the only six year old I have ever heard say c*nt. His mum giggled. So it slightly gives me the creeps.
Blake sounds American or Australian.

If you introduced your three kids to me, I would think you were going for edgy/ rebellious/ non conforming . A wee bit self conscious.

deptfordgirl Fri 12-Jan-18 09:56:34

I love Levi.

flutteronbynow Fri 12-Jan-18 10:11:14

Blake is a bit blah. Reminds me of Amy Winehouse's awful leech of a boyfriend...and it rhymes with flake & snake, so I irrationally don't like it at all.
Jett is Katie Price's son & is a bit try hard. It will date & I can't imagine a 40 year old Jett.
Levi is my favourite. It's cute for a baby, quite cool for a teen & I can picture a middle aged Levi.
I'm in Ireland by the way.

Roomba Fri 12-Jan-18 10:16:24

To me, Jett = the stinky aggressive alsation my ex MIL had, Katie Price's kid, John Travolta's son who died tragically.

Levi = the dodgy lawyer in The Wire. Other than that association I think it's quite a nice name actually. It's much much better than Jett.

sundowners Fri 12-Jan-18 10:50:18

Levi to me sounds aggressive- maybe as E17's dog was called this. Cant shake that association I'm afraid, sounds rough and bad tempered.

DancesWithOtters Fri 12-Jan-18 10:59:56

Jett is AWFUL.

The other 2 are ok. I'd go with Levi.

TheDailyMailIsADisgustingRag Fri 12-Jan-18 16:49:31

None of them are nice to me at all, (sorry).

I hate Blake, but then I know a dreadful Blake, so that’s maybe tainted my view.

Jett reminds me of Katie Price, which isn’t great. I didn’t know that about John Travolta’s son sad.

I love biblical names, but Levi isn’t a nice one imo.

TheDailyMailIsADisgustingRag Fri 12-Jan-18 16:51:21

Of the three though, Levi is by far the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now