Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

What do people think?

(22 Posts)
southerncomfys Tue 28-Nov-17 19:43:46

Hello everybody.
I am currently pregnant with DC2 and was wondering what you thought of the following names.
DD's name is Millie which I absolutely adore and the names i love for this baby are
Harriet or Theodore. However, DH loves the names Delilah and dexter and neither seem to be budging. What do you lot think? Thanks in advance.

daisypond Tue 28-Nov-17 19:52:35

I like both the boys' names, but neither of the girls'. I find Harriet a bit dull and plodding. Delilah doesn't have a good rep because of the Bible story, so that would be an absolute no-go for me.

southerncomfys Tue 28-Nov-17 19:58:01

Yes I see what you're saying about Harriet! And I'm not a fan of Delilah either. Maybe will have a rethink over the girls names now lol.

slippermaiden Tue 28-Nov-17 19:58:28

I don't like any of those names. Theo would be okay but not Theodore. Might depend where you live ...

AnyaMoondial Tue 28-Nov-17 20:00:01

Hattie is a wonderful nn for Harriet.

Mrsknackered Tue 28-Nov-17 20:10:05

I like Delilah. What about?

Esme
Caitlin
Grace
Roma

Franklin (Frank)
Silas
Robin
Stanley
Felix
Noah
Otto

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 28-Nov-17 20:13:36

❤️ Harriet/Theo, not Theodore, or Dexter.

Iwantallthesleep Tue 28-Nov-17 20:14:46

I Love Harriet and Theodore , I like Delilah (but delly as a nickname- not the best)! Dexter is too trendy for my taste, the sort tht might seem a bit dated in a few years ..
Good luck, my OH half has vetoed about 5 names I love today alone, makes me want to tear my (or his) hair out ! smile

Iwantallthesleep Tue 28-Nov-17 20:15:31

^ really like the above suggestion of Franklin

loobybear Tue 28-Nov-17 20:18:44

I love Delilah!!

Orangebird69 Tue 28-Nov-17 20:20:33

I'm not a fan of Theo/Theodore but love Delilah/Dexter/Harriet.

southerncomfys Tue 28-Nov-17 20:30:11

Thank you everyone!!
I actually really like franklin too, not a name I would have ever thought about but very nice!

ChocolateCrunch Tue 28-Nov-17 20:30:58

I like your choices better, although I would choose Theo over Theodore

CynophobicSadness Tue 28-Nov-17 20:33:33

If I had to choose, I prefer your names. But I'd have to shorten Theodore to Theo

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Tue 28-Nov-17 20:42:35

I love Harriet, with nn Harry, and Theo. Not at all keen on Delilah and associated biblical and Tom Jones connotations, and Dexter to me is the peeing monkey from Night At The Museum.

HuskyMcClusky Wed 29-Nov-17 13:44:34

Harriet always makes me think of a blowsy scullery maid in a mob cap.

Delilah is beautiful.

MikeUniformMike Wed 29-Nov-17 14:20:35

Harriet is ok but sounds frumpy. Hattie is cute as a nn.
Delilah is great and I love the song.
Theodore and Dexter as both NO for me, both seem a bit try hard.

dillytilly Wed 29-Nov-17 14:56:12

I knew a Harriet who went by the nickname Harryo, really sweet! Delilah is beautiful too

SnowyPolarBear Wed 29-Nov-17 18:22:19

I love Delilah and Dexter. They could be considered as modern and quirky, and don't necessarily 'go with' Millie.

Harriet is very dull. Theodore is nice but very popular.

SingaSong12 Wed 29-Nov-17 18:38:14

I prefer yours but don't mind either and don't think they sound bad together. Could you have one as middle name? Then just draw so if it is a boy your first name is first and his middle and vice versa for a girl.

deptfordgirl Wed 29-Nov-17 19:26:06

I love Harriet and it's on my shortlist for dc2. Also think Delilah is beautiful and far less common if that's a factor. Quite like Theodore but not so keen on Dexter.

mum2be2boys Thu 30-Nov-17 09:01:10

I like Harriet from your list, and Dexter from his. Not sure if that's helpful or not!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: