Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Girls names.. help

(27 Posts)
Missybeadol Mon 13-Nov-17 20:47:17

Hi looking for girls names i like short names that are not over used want to try and avoid them being one of four girls with the same name in the same class if possible 🙄
So far our fav is Miley although would possibly spell differently
Any name suggestions ? Thank you

Bella8 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:51:26

When I hear miley I think miley Cyrus but it's a nice name.
Website below maybe of use:

www.babycenter.com/0_short-and-sweet-baby-names_10305386.bc

loobybear Mon 13-Nov-17 20:54:46

How else would Miley be spelled?

Kylie? I think it's a lovely name but not common nowadays.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 13-Nov-17 21:09:41

Alternative spelling for Miley
Mylee.
Myleigh

Other name short not overused names suggestions.
Nina. Briar. Alia. Amaia. Cleo.
Beth. Cara. Delia. Coral.
Mara. Rosa. Raia. Raina. Fae.
Rita. Kaya.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 13-Nov-17 21:23:54

Macy
Dawn
Hetty
Mina
Greer
Rula
Ulla

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 13-Nov-17 21:25:59

Aura. Leia. Clay. Cyra.

redavocado Mon 13-Nov-17 21:34:45

Isn’t Miley Cyrus’ name short for Smiley because she was a smiley kid? It’s not a real name...

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 13-Nov-17 21:49:26

Her real name is Destiny .

IVflytrap Mon 13-Nov-17 21:59:02

Yeah, I seem to remember reading Miley was her childhood pronunciation of her nickname Smiley.

Some short names:

Fern
Maeve
Marley
Joy
Darla
Amber
Farrah
Nia
Pearl
Demi
Luna
Britt
Blythe
Avril
Lana

euanthesheepiloveyou Mon 13-Nov-17 22:37:13

Myla
Mila
Cora
Cara
Kara
Rosa
Wren
Luna
Maya
Anya
Pearl
Fern
Anna
Lila
Orla
Maeve
Elle
Eve

Notalitigator Tue 14-Nov-17 08:07:37

Kerry
Kelly
Lisa
Dee
Tyla
Brooke
Romy
Hayley

pipilangstrumpf Tue 14-Nov-17 08:11:04

Miley/Mylee?

Kylee
Mila
Maya

17caterpillars1mouse Tue 14-Nov-17 08:17:45

I actually know 3 Miley's - maybe it's just the area but I wouldn't rule it out as a name where you wouldn't come across another very often

I'm not really a fan of it and automatically think miley Cyrus which I don't see as a good thing

SuperBeagle Tue 14-Nov-17 08:31:51

Miley will make most people think of Miley Cyrus, but now that she's "back on track", I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

I would spell it Miley. That's how people will assume it's spelt.

I don't mind it as a name, honestly. It fits in with the Millie, Mila, Mia trend.

Ropsleybunny Tue 14-Nov-17 08:37:04

Alma
Dora
Grace
Laura
Nina
Anna

BernardBlacksHangover Tue 14-Nov-17 09:37:11

I quite like Riley for a girl. Makes me think of the little girl in Inside Out.

Miley makes me think Cyrus. I’m very out of touch with pop culture, so my only knowledge of her is that Robin Thick twerking thing, some vey sexy / revealing outfits and I think I could recognise some of her music from the gym! So I probably would avoid, though as I say, I’m very out of touch. I don’t really like sleb inspired names anyway and Miley would seem like a sleb inspired name to lots of people, even if that really wasn’t your inspiration.

Threeandabit Tue 14-Nov-17 13:35:23

I like Miley.

Other suggestions: -

Molly
Melissa
Phoebe
Rona
Skye

icantgetnosleep5 Tue 14-Nov-17 13:50:01

Alba. Olive.

Missybeadol Tue 14-Nov-17 14:30:35

Thanks everyone how would you pronounce Milee? Its listed as an actual name online with a meaning i have used pronounce websites its pronounced My-lee apart from one site pronounced it milly 🤔 what would you say?confusedx

IVflytrap Tue 14-Nov-17 14:45:35

I would assume Milee was intended to be a "unique" spelling of Milly, to be honest, and that's how I would pronounce it. If you're dead set on the name Miley, you should probably just go with the Miley spelling, or maybe Mylee. However you spell it, be prepared for people to assume you named her after Cyrus.

Also, just so you know, a lot of the baby names sites today include made-up names, presumably to draw in traffic, so I wouldn't trust all of them. I just googled Milee, and a site suggested it was a German name, which, as someone who speaks a bit of German, I find very hard to believe.

ByThePowerOfRa Tue 14-Nov-17 14:46:55

I think Milee looks more like Millie than Miley... but I probably wouldn’t know how to pronounce it if I cane across it written down somewhere. So I’d probably double check with the owner of the name (or her grown up smile)!

Missybeadol Tue 14-Nov-17 14:51:14

Im going Germany in a few weeks maybe il ask lol grrr boys names sooo much easier!

MammieBear Tue 14-Nov-17 16:08:34

If you like Miley and it's many different forms of spelling you may like...
Marley
Carley
Zoe
Jolie

lunabear1 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:33:55

I really like Mila and Myla (Mila pronounced Mee-la)

closetmonster Tue 14-Nov-17 17:35:52

I have a little girl named Annie and we’ve not met another yet, only kids called Annabelle. I also like the uncommon name Avia for a girl smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now