Talk

Advanced search

Down to three...

(35 Posts)
deptfordgirl Thu 09-Nov-17 10:05:04

Not certain yet but currently these are our top 3. We already have one ds who has a biblical name outside the top 100.

Edward, Caleb, Luke.
I think Caleb goes the best with ds's name but I love Edward. Luke is nice but our surname is 1 syllable. Not sure about Lucas/Luca.

Matilda, Tabitha, Harriet.
Like these equally!

Dottieroses Thu 09-Nov-17 10:14:12

I would say go with Edward for a boy as it's the name you love! The amount of times you will say both your son and this baby's name at the same time is probably not enough to pick a name just because they sound good together rather than because it's your favourite name. But that's just my opinion πŸ™‚ I Love Matilda and Tabitha, personally not keen on Harriet. My cousin is Tabitha and is mostly called Tabby and I knew a Harriet who was mostly Hattie (which I actually like). Matilda of course becomes Tilly. I find thinking about the nicknames helps, as some names I like but I don't like the nickname so I rule it out πŸ™‚ Hope that helps! πŸ™‚ Overall, go with the one you really love and makes you're heart melt when you imagine him/her with that name 😍

ChocolateCrunch Thu 09-Nov-17 10:26:41

I like Edward, second choice Caleb
For a girl, Tabitha, second choice Harriet

number1wang Thu 09-Nov-17 10:28:10

Exactly what @ChocolateCrunch said. Good taste there grin

Debby08 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:29:58

I like Caleb and then Tabitha. smile

deptfordgirl Thu 09-Nov-17 10:33:46

Interesting that Tabitha is the most popular so far. I love it and its dh's favourite but I always thought it was a bit of a marmite name.

AnyaMoondial Thu 09-Nov-17 11:40:14

Edward and Matilda are my favourites. Both awesome names.

BertrandRussell Thu 09-Nov-17 11:41:43

Edward and Harriet.

Ned and Hatty.

Intercom Thu 09-Nov-17 11:43:09

1. Luke
2. Edward
3. Caleb

1. Harriet
2. Matilda
3. Tabitha

pilates Thu 09-Nov-17 11:47:45

Edward and Harriet

Annabelle4 Thu 09-Nov-17 11:50:50

Edward or Matilda.

Beautiful names.

I like your other names, apart from Caleb.

MollyHuaCha Thu 09-Nov-17 11:55:36

1. Edward
2. Luke
3. Caleb

1. Tabitha
2. Harriet
3. Matilda

MrsHathaway Thu 09-Nov-17 12:16:47

I have an Edward. We get so many compliments. Of the others I honestly prefer Luke - it was on our shortlist but rejected for family reasons - though I'm not nearly as keen on Lucas or Luca. It does sound likely that Caleb would "go" better with your other son but do they need to "match"? Is this your final child? Would you feel obliged to stick to a "theme" if you had a third?

I adore Harriet and although I like the others they're distant second/third.

1. Edward
2. Luke
3. Caleb

1. Harriet
2. Tabitha
3. Matilda

IVflytrap Thu 09-Nov-17 12:26:26

Definitely Edward!

As for a girl, I like all three equally too. Tabitha is more unusual, Matilda more common these days. Harriet is somewhere in between them in terms of popularity. I don't know if that helps at all.

helpmum2003 Thu 09-Nov-17 12:32:27

Edward. If you love it use it - I think the sibling's name and matching is less important.

Like all girls names but Tabitha is my favourite. ( I wasn't allowed to use it as dh said it's a cat's name.😐😐😐) Not sure about nn Tabby though? That does sound cat like to me. We know 1 Tabitha whose nn is Tabs.

JenTeale Thu 09-Nov-17 12:32:50

Caleb or Tabitha

AnyaMoondial Thu 09-Nov-17 12:41:04

When I was pregnant with my DD I was completely in love with the name Tabitha and was gutted because DH didn't like it. Then one day I was sat on a train and the woman across from me was talking to her friend about her DD and saying "tabby this and tabby that". By the time I got off at my stop half an hour later I was completely sick of the name and haven't liked it since!

PhuntSox Thu 09-Nov-17 12:44:17

All excellent names.
If it were me I would chose Edward (perhaps with Luck as a middle name, they go well together).

With the girls names I find it hard to chose so perhaps base it on possible nick names, Tilly, Matty, Harry, Hetty etc.

DontShootMeDown Thu 09-Nov-17 12:45:12

Luke
Caleb
Edward

Matilda (non Mattie not Tilly)
Tabitha
Harriet

HettyB Thu 09-Nov-17 13:19:59

My favourites are Edward and Harriet.

I really dislike Caleb and I know about a million Matildas under 5.

17caterpillars1mouse Thu 09-Nov-17 19:46:29

Luke and Harriet nn Hattie

Smoliver Thu 09-Nov-17 19:53:57

Order of my preference:

1. Edward
2. Caleb
3. Luke

1. Matilda
2. Harriet
3. Tabitha

DramaAlpaca Thu 09-Nov-17 22:05:45

Order of preference for me:

1 Edward
2 Luke
3 Caleb

1 Harriet
2 Matilda
3 Tabitha

Montsti Fri 10-Nov-17 02:22:32

Edward

SuperBeagle Fri 10-Nov-17 06:15:07

Edward.

I love Tabitha and Matilda, but I would probably choose Matilda if pushed. Mainly, that's just because I like the Waltzing Matilda association, which obviously won't apply to anyone outside of Australia. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now