Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Middle name for Fawn

(90 Posts)
Ukfirsttimemum Tue 07-Nov-17 13:58:38

Hello all

I am set on Fawn as a first name for my first baby girl, does anyone have any middle name suggestions?

I like everything natural and botanical but as Fawn is already a little unusual I don't want anything too unconventional for the middle name.

I also like retro and classic style names

The only combo I have right now is Fawn Ava

I really like this but has already been Eva's and Ava's around us last few years.

Also like

Fawn Adele - partner doesn't like
Fawn Bluebell - too hippy?
Fawn Honey - unsure
Fawn Evelyn - good
Fawn Adeline - too unusual
Fawn Lily-Rose - good
Fawn Florence
Fawn Felicity
Fawn Poppy
Fawn Opal
Fawn Tigerlilly
Fawn Delilah
Fawn Rosalie
Fawn Laurel - too masc?
Fawn Autumn - know a baby Autumn already

Keen to use a variation of lily if poss

I know a lot of the above don't flow well just giving examples of the style I like

Please help xx

Discotits Tue 07-Nov-17 14:02:10

I think if you’re set on using fawn as a name, go balls deep and call her Fawn Tigerlily/Lily Rose as those are your favourite. I can’t say I love the name fawn though, it’s quite hard on the ear.

Marcine Tue 07-Nov-17 14:06:43

I'd go for something longer and classic:
Fawn Elizabeth
Fawn Catherine

Or maybe Fawn Evelyn/Evangeline/Adaline for and Ava/Eva feel?

ChocolateCrunch Tue 07-Nov-17 14:06:55

I think a longer middle name flows better. Susannah is Hebrew for lily, so as you are keen on a variation of Lily, how about Fawn Susannah?

dantdmistedious Tue 07-Nov-17 14:07:13

They all sound better with fawn aa the middle name

Battleax Tue 07-Nov-17 14:08:03

Fawn Lillian?

Isadora2007 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:15:19

Have you considered that her name could sound very harsh in different accents- “Fon” like John for instance as it would sound in my (Scottish) accent.

Other than that if you’re still happy with Fawn then Fawn Lillian sounds okay...

caravangirl Tue 07-Nov-17 14:16:56

Fawn Iris?
Fawn Primrose?

PragmaticWench Tue 07-Nov-17 14:20:44

It's interesting you put Laurel as being too masculine when it sounds much softer and more feminine than Fawn. Ferne is more feminine perhaps?

Marcine Tue 07-Nov-17 14:23:04

Fawn Lillian is lovely

hiyasminitsme Tue 07-Nov-17 14:26:14

I'd go with Fawn as the middle name or she'll be destined for a lifetime of Bambi jokes.

Blackandgreencore Tue 07-Nov-17 14:32:46

hiya no she won't because children aren't as horrible as adults actually.

Battleax Tue 07-Nov-17 14:34:00

I don't think most children know that Bambi was a fawn TBH.

Ukfirsttimemum Tue 07-Nov-17 14:34:25

I know Fawn is a marmite name but I just love it, maybe I will feel different after the birth but I've been happy with it for months now. I do live in Scotland and have a traditional Scottish Mc surname so there is the danger of sounding harsh for a lot of names, will keep this in mind though. Jon is a good example of this. Thanks for all your feedback, really very helpful. The French word for fauna as in fauna and flora is faune meaning wildlife - does anyone who doesn't like Fawn prefer this spelling? It isn't maybe more feminine but more complicated. I don't mind the bambi connotations really. I don't know if many school age kids know bambi is a fawn as opposed to a deer anyway. And I think once you are an adult you can appreciate having an unusual name as long as you have also a conventional name to use. I'm happy to swap and use fawn a special middle name too and nickname Fawn with more traditional first name. Thank you again

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Tue 07-Nov-17 14:34:52

But she won't be a child forever, actually... Surely that's obvious??

Sittinonthefloor Tue 07-Nov-17 14:38:39

Maybe it's just us but in my family we use fawn instead of beige e.g. That's a bit fawn - i.e. Dull. I think it would be a nice middle name though, it does have a nice sound but the meaning isn't great.

Smoliver Tue 07-Nov-17 14:38:53

I like Fawn Ava, Fawn Lily-Rose, Fawn Rosalie and Fawn Delilah.

I agree that Laurel may be a bit masculine, but that's just because I think of Laurel and Hardy!

How about:
Fawn Blossom
Fawn Imogen
Fawn Arabella
Fawn Liliana
Fawn Cecily
Fawn Rosamund

Ukfirsttimemum Tue 07-Nov-17 14:43:19

These are lovely, thank you very much xx

TorNayDoh Tue 07-Nov-17 14:44:53

No-one suggested Icator as a middle name? Or Ication... Not to be mean, but that's the first thing that sprang to my mind.

Tubbyinthehottub Tue 07-Nov-17 14:44:55

My MIL uses Fawn to describe anything beige. It really annoys me! (Irrationally). Sorry.

Ukfirsttimemum Tue 07-Nov-17 14:46:33

That's really interesting, it's amazing how a name can be so different for different people. Colour wise I think of taupe, mushroom, foresty moss soft downy colours and positive connotations. I can totally see your point though beige is a negative word for me and associatiinfor me. The general connotations of Fawn for me are nature outdoors youth animals wildlife. Thanks for your comment :-) maybe Fauna is better for this

Ukfirsttimemum Tue 07-Nov-17 14:47:43

Hmm this must be used in this way in quite a few families then, good to know, thanks!

Ukfirsttimemum Tue 07-Nov-17 14:49:23

No, an association with fornication never came to mind.. interesting point of view though! Haha

Soubriquet Tue 07-Nov-17 14:49:35

I must say, as soon as I heard Fawn, I got Fawn Marie in my head

Fawn Marie
Fawn Isabel
Fawn Lilac
Fawn Sienna

Blackandgreencore Tue 07-Nov-17 14:49:51

lamagrey yes that is obvious🙄 but my point was children are usually deemed as the ones who make jokes about names. By the time Fawn is an adult she will be able to either own her name or use her middle name if she decided she didn't like it...I personally wouldn't give two shits if another adult said they didn't like my name/called me Bambi/judged me on my name...I'd think they were a bit weird actually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now