Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby name regret 😞

(16 Posts)
Je3sica Sat 28-Oct-17 10:58:11

I have regretted my daughters name straight after we signed her registration.
She is now 17 weeks old.
So this has been going on for a long time!
It has been very stressful naming her, it took 6 weeks to register her.
Up until 6 weeks before my pregnancy I loved Sophie Cora but became obsessive, not sure if I loved it anymore, sounded to similar to our daughters name Chloe..
My other children have 5 letters in their first name and both middle names begin with M, not on purpose but I felt at the time our 3rd child should have the same.
Now it doesn't bother me and I think what was I thinking!
I have cried a lot before naming her after we named her, talking about it everyday with a few names but nothing seemed right!
This is our 3rd child so never felt this before.
I have been diagnosed with PND I have been on antidepressants for 5 weeks now and I am feeling much better (worst feeling/time of my life).
We named our daughter Sofia Mia it doesn't sound right?
Too matchy also Sofia sounds like So-fear, I can not believe I didn't notice this before!
When I say her name that is what it sounds like and I think why did I call her that and it it doesn't sound like a name.
So confusing as some days I'm ok then not.
If I was to register her now I would choose Sophie Cora but I am getting used to Sofia Mia but wish I went with Sophie Cora!
Most times I didn't want people to ask me what her name was as i didn't like hearing what I called her.
My partener is ok with changing it but I don't want to regret changing it and feeling regret about it but I feel I want.
I know how this sounds.. It is everyday I am thinking like this.
I just feel like I let my baby down and feel terrible I am thinking like this about her name and wish I could go back in time.
Should I just deal with Sofia Mia or change it?
Has anyone else felt like this?
Opinions please?

Also on the way home from registering her my face dropped as I thought I should have gone with Emily I never had that face drop dread feeling before.
I have liked Emily Rose also but my friends daughter is called Emily and my sisters middle name is Rose and we don't speak but one of my partners sisters middle is rose.
So feel like I couldn't use it.

I am fed up of thinking about this.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 28-Oct-17 11:05:40

Sofia is a beautiful name, but if I'm being 110% honest I wouldn't have put it with Mia, it's far too rhymy
I'm sure you can change it up until they're a year old, and she won't know her name, yet so. There's no confusion
How about Sofia Rose. Sophie Cora.
Cora Sofia. Cora Sophie.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 28-Oct-17 11:07:08

Of course you can use the mn Rose.
Cora Rose.

Mulch Sat 28-Oct-17 11:11:00

Bite the bullet and change it. She's young enough for it to be forgotten. But I think their both lovely names either ways

silkpyjamasallday Sat 28-Oct-17 11:11:40

You sound so unhappy OP, go and change it to Sophie Cora. That's what you originally wanted, and it doesn't sound at all like Chloe. Using Rose is going to stress you out more because of the friend/family links. Just do it, at least Sophie Cora is similar to Sofia Mia, and I have to agree with another poster that it is too rhyme-y. Go with what you originally wanted and make this hard time a little easier for yourself. Who cares what anyone else thinks? The baby certainly doesn't know and no one will judge you I'm sure.

I hope you feel better soon OP flowers

Mamamagellanic Sat 28-Oct-17 11:14:47

Change it, OP.

I wanted to call DD something different, abusive ex vetoed it completely. As much as I love her name now, because it’s her, I’m still resentful. I still wish I’d called her what I wanted to call her! (She wouldn’t have suited it to be honest)

Sophie Cora is lovely. Do it while she’s young enough.

PandorasXbox Sat 28-Oct-17 16:18:51

Sophia is pretty. I’d change the Mia bit though. Rose, Florence, Madeleine, Alice all go nicely.

Don’t stress anymore just change it.

FartnissEverbeans Sat 28-Oct-17 17:55:18

Go change it! Sofia is a beautiful name but it sounds like Sophie was your favourite. Sophie Cora is beautiful.

Because Sofia/Sophie are so similar it doesn't have to be a big deal either - just start referring to her as Sophie and nobody will bat an eyelid!

You have lovely taste in names btw. Your little girl is very lucky to have someone take such care and consideration over her name.

BitchPeas Sat 28-Oct-17 17:58:29

I changed my babies name at 8 weeks old, 4 weeks after I’d registered them. A few raised eyebrows and what are you like laughs but everyone accepted it and now it’s forgotton.

MyDcAreMarvel Sat 28-Oct-17 18:01:42

Change it, Sofia Mia sound like the same name twice. Sophie is more classic that Sofia which is " trendy".
Live the name Cora it sounds nothing like Chloe.
Also three names beginning with M is too matchy.

Sunrosepink Sat 28-Oct-17 18:06:36

Sophia is lovely but I wouldn't of put it with mia.

Je3sica Sat 28-Oct-17 19:03:07

Thank you all for replying, all very kind words.
It sounds so similar i feel silly.

Bitchpeas- Are you happy you changed the name?

Hijklm Sat 28-Oct-17 19:16:09

I like Sofia Cora best.

MyDcAreMarvel Sat 28-Oct-17 19:17:06

Ahh than not that and love not live!

Iamcheeseman Sat 28-Oct-17 19:22:16

Although Sophie and Sophia/Sofia are seen as separate yet similar names now Sophie goes way way way back as a nickname for Sophia so your dd can legally remain Sofia and be called Sophie day to day without you needing to change anything. Of course you can call her what you like anyway, just thought that might make you feel it is more legitimate iyswim.

mamma2016 Sat 28-Oct-17 19:28:40

You could start calling her Sophie and not change it officially for a while. That way you only need change it once you’re sure and there’s no pressure. Naming a person isn’t easy and there are many people who have felt the same as you. Go easy on yourself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now