Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Middle name for Sabrina?

(19 Posts)
LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Sat 28-Oct-17 10:49:52

At the moment dd is going to be called Sabrina Elizabeth Blythe. But we have a three syllable surname and dh and I are both slightly concerned that the whole name might be a bit long! I'd like her to have two middle names (the rest of the family do) but wonder if we need to swap out Elizabeth for something shorter. Any ideas gratefully received!

NapQueen Sat 28-Oct-17 10:50:21

Sabrina Jade Blythe surname

LarkDescending Sat 28-Oct-17 11:23:27

Sabrina Eliza Blythe?

ChocolateCrunch Sat 28-Oct-17 11:43:17

Faye
Mae
Tess
Nell

17caterpillars1mouse Sat 28-Oct-17 11:47:13

What about Eloise?

Sabrina Eloise Blythe is gorgeous and a little bit shorter though just realised only 1 syllable hmmm I'm no help

Love Sabrina btw (and Blythe) smile

ProseccoPoppy Sat 28-Oct-17 11:47:27

How about Maria? Bit shorter but still classic.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 28-Oct-17 11:47:45

Sabrina Eliza Rose
Sabrina Eliza Mae
Sabrina Eliza Belle
Sabrina Betsy Ann
Sabrina Betsy Grace
Sabrina Betsy Faith
Sabrina Ana Beth
Sabrina Lily Beth
Sabrina Lucy Beth
Sabrina Luna Beth
Sabrina Rosa Beth
Sabrina Holly Beth
Sabrina Mary Beth

Threeandabit Sat 28-Oct-17 12:30:50

Sabrina Rona Blythe - Rona means "My joy"
Sabrina Pearl Blythe
Sabrina Angel Blythe

Sabrina Kaye Blythe
Sabrina Jayne Blythe
Sabrina Meg Blythe

Sabrina May Blythe
Sabrina Jo Blythe
Sabrina Paige Blythe

QuestionforQuentin Sat 28-Oct-17 12:34:18

Are you set on Sabrina? It's a stripper's name to me. Sorry, I know that's negative, but this is about baby names after all.

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Sat 28-Oct-17 14:16:56

Well I'm vaguely aware that there was some kind of glamour model about 100 years ago called Sabrina but only because I think it was in the papers recently that she died. I don't think my dd's generation will even be vaguely aware of that.

But everyone's frame of reference is different! To me it's a Celtic princess, written about by Milton; a film with Audrey Hepburn and a teenage witch! I'm ok with all those references!

Loving some of these suggestions - especially Eloise/Eliza both of which were actually on our list for first names for a long time.

I really like May/Mae too although that seems to be used a lot recently as a middle name.

I like Maria but I think the endings of Sabrina and Maria are too similar to my ear to follow after one another. That might be a problem with Eliza too actually...

Hmmmm. Sabrina Eloise Blythe...

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sat 28-Oct-17 15:42:29

Sabrina Ellen Blythe
Sabrina Marie Blythe
Sabrina Lauren Blythe

Notalitigator Sat 28-Oct-17 16:52:02

Sabrina Elodie Blythe
Sabrina Tamsin Blythe
Sabrina Sophie Blythe

MegAndSprog Sat 28-Oct-17 19:30:26

I think Sabrina Elizabeth Blythe is fine as is. Elizabeth is long but sooo classic and well-used as a middle name that it doesn’t feel as long as it is, if that makes sense.

Battleax Sat 28-Oct-17 19:32:42

Eve or Elle?

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Sat 28-Oct-17 22:36:28

Elodie is very possible and is another one from our original list.

I do still like Sabrina Elizabeth Blythe and part of the rational for Elizabeth was to give dd a very classic option if she decides that she hates Sabrina... We did the same for ds who has a slightly quirky first name but William as his middle name just in case!

Ojoj1974 Sat 28-Oct-17 23:16:46

I love the name Sabrina is a beautiful choice.

Sabrina Alice Blythe

SuperBeagle Sat 28-Oct-17 23:34:27

Sabrina Lily Blythe.

Lily is a diminutive of Elizabeth traditionally.

Buntysoven Sun 29-Oct-17 01:28:37

Sabrina Elise Blythe is pretty

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Sun 29-Oct-17 13:59:21

Alice and Lily were on our original list too and either would work really well. I like Elise but marginally prefer Eloise, I think.

Alice, Lily and Eloise are my favourites at the moment. I love Eliza as a name but don't think it works well enough with Sabrina because they both end in 'a'.

I've gone from not being able to think of an alternative to Elizabeth to having quite a long list of suggestions for DH. I'd actually be happy with pretty much any of the suggestions on this thread! So glad I posted! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now