Talk

Advanced search

Nathaniel/Daniel

(10 Posts)
Del3 Sat 28-Oct-17 07:32:52

Ok so I like the name Nathaniel for my baby boy to be - due in Jan. But my husband is called Daniel (Dan most of the time). Do you guys think this is crazy to do this? I think they’re not siblings so does it really matter.

ScarletSienna Sat 28-Oct-17 07:36:48

I don’t think it matters at all especially as your DH is known as Dan.

FatRedCrayon Sat 28-Oct-17 07:38:43

Not at all crazy! I love both those names. You still get children named after one or other parent so just a similar sounding name? I doubt anyone will notice or comment.

HollyandBrambles Sat 28-Oct-17 07:39:04

Not at all, they might end up as Nate & Dan which sound completely different.

BikeRunSki Sat 28-Oct-17 07:41:25

I was going to say that they’ll be knew as Dan a d Nat/Nate so it doesn’t really matter. CLl the next one Samuel!

Del3 Sat 28-Oct-17 07:43:35

Thanks so much everyone you’ve made me smile! Love samuel how cool my brothers name too smile

BikeRunSki Sat 28-Oct-17 09:05:28

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Samuel is a very cool name indeed <not at all biased>

17caterpillars1mouse Sat 28-Oct-17 12:04:32

I think it depends on how you feel about it. I had the same dilemma with Cedric (Dh name also ends in Rick) I however decided it would annoy me too much

I know a Kelly with an Ellie which I find weird but others don't

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sat 28-Oct-17 15:48:59

Doesn't matter at all.😄

mondler Sat 28-Oct-17 15:56:39

I think it will be fine (especially as they are likely to be shortened). I know a father/son called Mick and Nick but even that works ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now