Talk

Advanced search

Brother For Graham & Oliver

(7 Posts)
Researchmama Wed 25-Oct-17 22:50:23

We have 2 boys, Graham Charles and Oliver Bennett. We have baby boy #3 on the way and I am really struggling with names this time.

Names I have considered are Henry Theodore and Leo ?. I thought Henry Theodore was great, but my husband is hesitant for some reason. I did date a guy named Ted, but that was his name. His name wasn’t Theodore, but maybe that precludes me from using it anyway?

My first son’s middle name is after a grand and great grandfather, both with great faith. Bennett means blessed. I like the idea of a faith inspired middle name without being a technical Bible name (I want them to be their own people), but that’s getting tough. This baby is definitely a wonderful blessing.

I wasn’t stressed about the names of my last two, this time I’m quite stressed! Boy names are tough!

Pidlan Wed 25-Oct-17 22:52:50

I have no idea but can I just say that Graham is such a cool name! Do you nn him Gray?
In the same vein, imo, is Colin. Brilliant name.

LittleLights Wed 25-Oct-17 22:54:25

Jackson Mark

TheVanguardSix Wed 25-Oct-17 22:55:52

Oh I love your boys' (DCs 1 and 2) names! I have a Theodore (we nearly called him Henry). So OF COURSE I have to go to bat for your splendid choice of name: Henry Theodore.

What about Benedict as a 'faith-ish' name? It's Bennett with that Latin twist so you're again paying homage to someone important in the family without using the same (middle) name as DC1.

TheVanguardSix Wed 25-Oct-17 22:57:08

Graham is indeed such a cool name. I grew up with a boy named Trent and his brother Graham.

LittleLights Wed 25-Oct-17 22:59:27

Theodore Luke

NN Theo can't see it being shorten to Ted.

LittleLights Wed 25-Oct-17 23:04:16

Alexander Theo

Alexander Jack

Zander Jake

Matthew James

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: