Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on these names?

(25 Posts)
dazedandconfuse Mon 23-Oct-17 12:04:22

Not sure what I'm having yet and unsure whether to find out 🤔
I've already got a little boy called Sid, if I have another boy I was thinking about maybe Teddy, with James as the middle name. I also really like Percy, Rudy and Louis

For a girl I was thinking maybe Matilda (Tilly for a nickname) Margot (or the French spelling Margaux?), Arabella or even January (though the baby is due in April my mum says that it's an awful awful idea but I've always loved the name January 😂) I also really like the name Wednesday for a girl but of course what if she's not even born on a Wednesday 🤷🏻‍♀️ then again I'm not sure I'd care.. but she might do when she's older 😂 for middle names I was thinking Pelagie, Emily or Marie

Whereisthebuzz Mon 23-Oct-17 12:06:10

I like Louis best from your boys' names and I like all of your girls' names, especially Arabella.

babybrainismyexcuseforlife Mon 23-Oct-17 12:09:06

I think teddy and Matilda are lovely x

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 23-Oct-17 12:12:04

I love Louis.

Stanley?

I prefer your girls names. I'd worry January would become plain Jan.

Juno?

tempstamos Mon 23-Oct-17 12:15:18

I have a Teddy! Also really like Percy. For Girls I like Matilda or Wednesday.

tempstamos Mon 23-Oct-17 12:16:46

I used to know a girl called January, people used to say Jan, you hairy

SoupDragon Mon 23-Oct-17 12:17:44

Unless you are French, I would avoid the French spelling of
Margaux. There will be a lifetime of spelling it out to people.

I'm not keen on any of your boy names apart from Louis. If it's "old man" names you like I prefer Arthur or the suggestion of Stanley

SummerRoberts Mon 23-Oct-17 12:26:43

Ooooh I think you and I have the same taste in names.
I absolutely love Teddy, Louis and Percy.
Margot is in my top five all time favourite girls names. Maggie for short could be cute. I also love January and Wednesday. I’ve never heard Pelagie before but I like it.

Can I suggest Stanley (as a PP has also said), Henry and Hugo for boys and Winter for a girl?

littlechou Mon 23-Oct-17 12:29:36

Louis/Rudy
Margot/January

Please only use James for a middle as you couldn’t possibly have a Sid James grin

dazedandconfuse Mon 23-Oct-17 12:39:53

We have a dog in the family called Stanley funnily enough so that ones out of the question 😂

Also funny story my little boy was going to be Sid James until my mum told me about the carry on films star blush that would of been awful!

Jooni Mon 23-Oct-17 14:07:05

Margot is the French spelling. Margaux is a more modern variant from a place name (made popular by Margaux Hemingway, who actually changed her own spelling from -t to -aux).

Anyway, I love Margot! And Matilda, though that’s much more popular. Arabella is nice but a bit frou-frou for me, and January is cool but too “out there” IMO.

I love Louis, and like Teddy and Rudy.

Ttbb Mon 23-Oct-17 14:12:05

Theodore can be a teddy.

Sophronia Mon 23-Oct-17 15:01:31

I like Rudy or Percy with Sid. Not keen on Teddy, it’s very trendy at the moment (I think it’s the new Alfie).

For a girl I like Margot Emily or Matilda Emily.

Dustbunny1900 Mon 23-Oct-17 16:28:11

I wanted my boy to be a January if he had been a girl. It's a beautiful classic name, but yes rather odd of not born or concieved in January. Maybe a different season/month name? Days of the week names are cute, is street clear of Wednesday though, too Addams family.

Rudy seems the least trendy of the boys names.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 23-Oct-17 16:56:16

Love Rudy and Louis.
I like Matilda Marie.

BernardBlacksHangover Mon 23-Oct-17 17:08:51

I like Rudy and Margot - both really nice.

QueenInTheNorth26 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:13:50

I really like Wednesday!

Emelene Mon 23-Oct-17 17:15:31

Matilda is a great name. Tilly and Sid sound cute together! smile

MikeUniformMike Mon 23-Oct-17 19:56:16

I quite like Rudy James
January Wednesday is super.

SuperBeagle Mon 23-Oct-17 22:02:12

Weird, if I'd had my way with DD2, she would've been Arabella Wednesday. grin She ended up Lily Rose Maybellene.

I wouldn't be game to use Wednesday as a first name though. So my choice of your list would be either Matilda Wednesday or Arabella Wednesday. smile

SuperBeagle Mon 23-Oct-17 22:02:27

Oh and I like Rudy best of your boys names.

hungryradish Mon 23-Oct-17 22:07:34

Teddy - such a cute name.

CakeRattleandRoll Wed 25-Oct-17 14:09:33

Margot and Louis are my favourites.

Dunzo Wed 25-Oct-17 18:35:28

What about April? More recognisable as a name than January and I think it's really nice. Or Avril?

My nickname was Wednesday when I was a kid because I apparently resembled Wednesday Adams. I can't get past that association.

Of your boys I like Louis the best. How about Rory?

FreeFrie Wed 25-Oct-17 23:52:54

My grandpa is called Rudy, so I'm partial to that! 😂 Female version Ruby? I really love Matilda and Tillie. Margot is nice too, but I wouldn't go with the French spelling unless she will grow up speaking French? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Otherwise: Margret, Majorie, Mae/May/Mayme, Mabel, Lucile, Luella, Lilian, Ethel...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now