Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alternatives to Billie Rae?

(41 Posts)
InRainbows Sun 01-Oct-17 09:25:17

My surname is King and for years I have loved the idea of Billie Rae King for a girl.

Only problem - OH likes Billie but has vitoed Rae 😶 I did think about Billie Rose as an alternative but I don't think it flows as well.

Let me know your thoughts?

NotAgainYoda Sun 01-Oct-17 09:31:58

Anything?

NotAgainYoda Sun 01-Oct-17 09:32:41

Billie is lovely. Don't double-barrel it. I think if you double-barrel the whole name becomes less than the sum of its parts

StinkPickle Sun 01-Oct-17 09:33:59

What about Jane instead.

Jane King.

Then you avoid having to name a human Billie too.

FrancisCrawford Sun 01-Oct-17 09:34:31

Billie Rae sounds incredibly masculine and awfully like Mr Mullet himself - Billy Ray Cyrus

whosafraidofabigduckfart Sun 01-Oct-17 09:36:13

Billie Jean 😄😄😄

GreenRut Sun 01-Oct-17 09:36:41

I think Billie is a great name for a girl. I like pp's suggestion of Rose if you did want double barrel but I think just Billie King is really cool.

savasana Sun 01-Oct-17 09:47:23

Nothing that begins with "J"!

lovelyjubilly Sun 01-Oct-17 09:54:09

I think Rose would be better. Billie Rae King sounds like Billie Raking.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sun 01-Oct-17 10:07:47

Billie Sue King

Mum2OneTeen Sun 01-Oct-17 10:14:27

Jo grin

AgSiopadoireachtAris Sun 01-Oct-17 10:16:22

Lorelei King

Billie Rae was the son of a preacher man. Love that song. But no, don't use that name.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Sun 01-Oct-17 10:17:39

Anything?
I'll second that...

AgSiopadoireachtAris Sun 01-Oct-17 10:28:10

Oh I see Billie is staying. It's just Rae that gets to go.

This is a challenge.

I second pps, nothing beginning with J.

It's tough because Billie ends in a vowel sound. I think you need a classic name that begins with a consonant but that doesn't also end in an ee sound.

I have run a few perfectly good names around in my head but it becomes vague where the sur name starts so I think you need a very obvious name in the middle.

Hmm
Billie Charlotte King ?
Billie Margaret King
Billie Maeve King (you might like that!)
Billie Ruth King
Billie Vivien King
Billie Gloria King
Billie Verity King
Billie Cecily King
Billie Delia King
Billie Delilah King
Billie Naomi King
Billie Camilla King

NotAgainYoda Sun 01-Oct-17 10:32:50

IMO the sound of a middle name with a first name isn't that important unless you are going to be saying the two together all the time (ie double-barrel). Did I mention I hate double-barrel names?

OyyVeyy Sun 01-Oct-17 10:45:58

Billie Delilah
Billie Elizabeth
Billie Amelia
Billie Paloma
Billie Georgia
Billie Lyla
Billie Viola
Billie Sophia

OyyVeyy Sun 01-Oct-17 10:46:47

Rose is good too.

pipilangstrumpf Sun 01-Oct-17 10:59:34

Billie Rose sounds nice

Smoliver Sun 01-Oct-17 11:49:27

Billie Rose sounds nice.

You could also have...

Billie Hope
Billie Reina
Billie Rosa
Billie Rosita
Billie Mae
Billie Faye
Billie Jade
Billie Maeve
Billie Regina (Regina means queen - thought it'd go well with the surname grin)

InRainbows Sun 01-Oct-17 12:34:08

Wow, I can't thank you all enjoy for your suggestions! I've had a bad night sleep so seeing these responses after my boiled eggs and soldiers has cheered me up no end!

I'm grateful to those with a strong aversion to Billie Rae, @NotAgainYoday @Francis Crawford I wouldn't want to go with a name that prompted such a strong reaction with so many!

@StinkPickle - I really like your suggestion of Jane King, it's very cute and I feel it sounds quite proper!

@GreenRut - I think just Billie King has its Merritt, at first it sounded wierd to me but yes I think I am warming to the idea of dropping off the double barrell!

@LovelyJubilly the Raking thing had crossed my mind! It's an ongoing problem with the surname King ...JoKING LeeKING MaeKING even LionKING is very much out of the question!

@Sugarpiehoneyeye Billie Sue is super cute thank you but I think my OH is too jaded by Billie Rae to like Billie Sue!

@AgSiopadoireachtAris Thank you so much for all of your suggestions I love Lorelei and have added this to my master list it's a beautiful name! You and @Smoliver were spot on with Billie Meave as well I love it! You should both team up and do this for a living! And as @OyyVeyy also suggests Billie Delilah King is just lovely! I also like Billie Paloma King!

Keep the suggestions coming I love this game 😂

countycouncil Sun 01-Oct-17 12:39:14

Where has the 'Rae' name come from all of a sudden. I know of three women in the last month who've used it as a middle name. Is it the new Mae?

MikeUniformMike Sun 01-Oct-17 13:15:14

I know a Rachel who is called Rae, and it's nice, but Rae as a middle name is a bit hmm.

FindTheLightSwitchDarren Sun 01-Oct-17 13:54:15

Rachel is nice. Billie Rae made me immediately think "Cyrus", which makes me think of a man with a mullet.

Billie Rachel? Or Willa / Willow Rachel maybe? Willa / Willow have a similar sound as Billie to me and could arguable be Billie as a nn?

Do you think the reason you like Billie Rae so much is maybe because it's familiar? Billy Ray Cyrus is maybe a familiar name even if you didn't immediately think of the man.

FindTheLightSwitchDarren Sun 01-Oct-17 14:08:04

Also "Billy ray was a preacher's son...".

whyareusernamessodifficult Sun 01-Oct-17 21:31:34

Quite like pp’s suggestion of Billie Ruth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now