Talk

Advanced search

River...for a middle name?

(17 Posts)
milosmummy16 Wed 20-Sep-17 14:34:32

Having heard this name mentioned a few times it has really grown on me. Just wondering what you think of the name.
First name will definitely be Noah and wanted something a bit more unusual/not as popular for the middle name.
Noah River (our surname is a colour).
☺☺

CadnoDrwg Wed 20-Sep-17 14:42:39

I think it's a bit mean spirited to give your child the middle name River when the first name is synonymous with flooding.

With a different first name I don't see an issue with River as a middle name. It's just the combination I wouldn't be keen on.

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 20-Sep-17 14:43:52

River is a perfectly acceptable middle name but Noah River doesn't sound right for some reason.

Winteriscomingneedmorewood Wed 20-Sep-17 14:43:55

Agree with above. .

lawnofdelray Wed 20-Sep-17 14:44:56

My DD is called Noa

Noah River is very VERY cool. But will it be cool on job applications and marriage certificates? Only you can decide.

milosmummy16 Wed 20-Sep-17 14:47:01

Yes I think you are right, it doesn't seem to flow very well...
Any unusual names that go with Noah?
I love Finn but again I don't think that seems to go xx

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 20-Sep-17 14:59:07

The problem with Noah is it can end up sounding like 'know a' so if you use anything like Fox etc it ends up sounding like 'know a fox' having said that how about...
Noah Phoenix
Noah Horatio
Noah Vallentino
Noah Roman
Noah Diego
Noah Cassius
Noah Julius

Aquamarine1029 Wed 20-Sep-17 17:50:38

I love the name River. I don't care for Noah, and it's being overused to boot. But that's just me.

Noah Thorus
Noah Hudson
Noah Martin
Noah Atticus
Noah Blaine

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 20-Sep-17 17:53:42

Noah Everest Brown! (Green, Black, Grey, trying to guess surname grin)

Sophronia Wed 20-Sep-17 22:03:54

Sounds like "know a river"

mummytwoh Wed 20-Sep-17 22:18:45

I don't think they go well together - the end sounds are way to similar. I have a Noah so love the name, and like River for a middle as well just not with Noah sorry x

milosmummy16 Wed 20-Sep-17 22:19:58

What about Noah Finn??? Really stuck for middle name, feel a longer name would work best but all the names I love seem to be 4 letters long lol 😃

SuperBeagle Wed 20-Sep-17 22:21:13

It sounds like "Know a river" and if you put a colour surname at the end it could end up like "Know a river green" or "Know a river blue".

Doesn't work.

Carouselfish Wed 20-Sep-17 22:41:46

Love both Noah and River but they don't work together as both two syllables ending in an uh sound.
How about

Noah Rex
Noah Jai
Noah Devon
Noah Trent
Noah Clark
Noah Dean

Smoliver Thu 21-Sep-17 17:38:44

I think Noah River is a gorgeous name. I love River as middle name

MrsCharlieD Thu 21-Sep-17 18:13:11

Love River and we are using it as a first name when ds arrives in a couple of weeks. I don't think Noah River goes well unfortunately. We briefly toyed with Nathaniel River before settling on River Nathaniel.

milosmummy16 Sun 24-Sep-17 12:15:30

Thanks for the posts, have decided on Noah Arlo for now..
Originally wanted Arlo for first name as absolutely love it 😍 however our first son is already called Milo and we just felt the names were too sinilar, so managed to use it for a middle name! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now