Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby girl name help!

(30 Posts)
hotchocolatebox Mon 21-Aug-17 11:30:43

Due a baby girl in 10 weeks and stuff between two names!

Freya Rose or
Ada Rose

Will have older brother Finley

Which do people think?

Sophronia Mon 21-Aug-17 11:32:30

Ada

GeillisTheWitch Mon 21-Aug-17 11:33:36

I think Ada too. Finley and Freya sounds a bit too matchy to me, although I do like Freya.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 21-Aug-17 11:34:18

I prefer Freya, but maybe not with Finley.

Ada just makes me think of Less Dawson in drag.

Do you like Ava? Or Eva?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 21-Aug-17 11:34:52

Les Dawson obviously. Not sure who Less Dawson would be!

NoCapes Mon 21-Aug-17 11:34:57

Ada

Threeandabit Mon 21-Aug-17 11:38:24

Out of the two names I prefer Freya. However, with Finley I think Ada goes best....

So basically I'm no help!! grin

hotchocolatebox Mon 21-Aug-17 11:38:57

I obviously meant stuck not stuff.

I am keen on Ada and have been for a while but other half is now keen on Freya just to complicate things.

I do like Ava and Isla and all the usual names but they have become very popular lately so want to avoid where possible. We were out for the day yesterday and every other little girl seemed to be called Isla.

early30smum Mon 21-Aug-17 12:21:29

Freya! Lovely, not too popular and goes nicely with Finley.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 21-Aug-17 12:34:49

Freya

NC4now Mon 21-Aug-17 12:36:24

Freya. I don't think it matters that they match.

KeiraH Mon 21-Aug-17 12:40:59

I have a Freya. Loved that name for ten years so was an obvious choice when I finally had my baby girl. I still absolutely love that name but didn't realise how popular it became. There is always at least one other Freya at the baby clinic. I heard that name on buses, walking down the street and shouted out across playgrounds too. And I thought we were being so original. Maybe ten years ago 😂 Anyway I prefer Freya but do keep in mind that it is having a moment right now.

hotchocolatebox Mon 21-Aug-17 12:51:55

I quite like that they both start with an F but don't want to be cheesy about it.

Freya was my original girls name but oh said he didn't like it so then I chose ada which we've both been using and now he's decided he likes it and it goes better with Finley.

I didn't think it was too popular. I haven't come across many around here. Although having said that I also didn't realise Finley was as popular as it is. I guess you don't until you start going to child specific places!

PJsAndProsecco Mon 21-Aug-17 12:59:25

I have a Freya Rose :-) I love it!

LorLorr2 Mon 21-Aug-17 13:04:31

For most of her life it won't matter if her name sounds good or bad with her brother's, they're 2 individuals so I wouldn't base choice off that smile
Both Ada & Freya are lovely options. Maybe when you see her she will just 'look' like one of them more!

MammieBear Mon 21-Aug-17 14:06:01

It's nice to have a name ready for when baby's born rather than referring to them as bump or worse still it! (shudder at that) I feel baby will grow into the name you give them anyway. I think both of your choices are nice but Ada is top.

hotchocolatebox Mon 21-Aug-17 14:48:54

We had our sons name picked before he was born and it's suited him really well.

I think I'd like to have a name for this one too before she's born. Girls names seem to be a lot harder than boys!

One concern I had is that people wouldn't pronounce it correctly ( or at least how I think it's pronounced) which is A-da rather than ay-da. Also our surname begins with an A so not sure if that's something to consider.

SarahJonesS Mon 21-Aug-17 15:21:44

Freya. Finley and Freya are fine

diddl Mon 21-Aug-17 15:53:41

I think that the usual pronunciation is Ay-da?

Freya is fine with Finley imo.

Etta?

NoCapes Mon 21-Aug-17 16:25:15

What?! How are you pronouncing it, like adder?
That's just plain wrong, it's Ay-da

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 21-Aug-17 17:07:16

Finley and Freya Rose.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 21-Aug-17 17:12:59

Unless I have misunderstood you will be setting yourself up for countless corrections when people pronounce your DD's name as Ay-da.

Chaffinch4 Mon 21-Aug-17 17:30:00

Ay (as in 'hay') - da is the normal pronunciation, rather than eye-da.

hotchocolatebox Mon 21-Aug-17 17:31:17

Thank you chaffin that is what I was trying to say badly

hotchocolatebox Mon 21-Aug-17 17:35:06

Maybe I just need to go to the park and yell each name a hundred million times and see which one annoys me the least grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now