Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Arlo or Finn

(10 Posts)
jjbnw Fri 07-Jul-17 14:41:06

Hi,

We're struggling to name our second son, and he's now 4 weeks old! His older brother is called Samuel. We were going to call baby number 2 Arlo, although we've had some odd reactions from people when we've mentioned the name Arlo. Do you think Arlo is acceptable? Our surname is Burton.

BTW our second favourite name is Finn.

Many thanks

Jamie

Amee1992x Fri 07-Jul-17 15:06:45

Arlo Burton is fine!

chowmeinchick Fri 07-Jul-17 16:00:15

Arlo is much better than Finn. Congratulations x

hopsalong Fri 07-Jul-17 16:31:03

I like both of these names (and they were on my long list for DS) but was put off myself by the fact that both have become weirdly modish recently (weird because they seem like uncommon names, but I now know two baby Arlos and three Finn/Finleys). Don't know if this is a factor for you, though! Your other son's name seems the opposite kind of name to me: a very classic well-known name that isn't so much used among the under 5s...

NuffSaidSam Fri 07-Jul-17 17:04:32

If Arlo is your favourite name go for it. It's quite unusual so that's why people are surprised when they hear it. It's a different 'type' of name to Samuel so that's another reason people might be surprised at first. They'll get used to it though.

MammieBear Fri 07-Jul-17 17:16:39

How about Arlo Finnian?

Worriednearlymum Fri 07-Jul-17 17:16:46

Go for Arlo. Finn also lovely but I know a gorgeous 3 year old Arlo so it just edges it. It's a cool name and goes well with Samuel/Sam

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Fri 07-Jul-17 17:17:43

I like both of them, you're going to have to have a third son so that you can use both. grin

Sugarpiehoneyeye Fri 07-Jul-17 18:37:08

Arlo.

Sophronia Fri 07-Jul-17 18:38:23

I like Finn better with Samuel/Sam

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now