Talk

Advanced search

Middle name for Raphaela

(23 Posts)
Crumbelina Thu 06-Jul-17 18:02:59

I really love Raphaela Sienna, but I wonder if the combination is a bit too Italian (DH and I are both British) and (less importantly) Mumsnet seems to think that Sienna is a bit "chavvy", which surprised me. Is it really? In certain parts of the country? I haven't heard people say that in London.

My other current favourites are Raphaela Rosa or Raphaela Greta but neither really excite me. Any suggestions welcome!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 06-Jul-17 18:19:25

Raphaela Sienna is gorgeous. I'm not too fussed on Raphaela Rose.
Other ideas.
Raphaela Valentina
Raphaela Florianna
Raphaela Sophia
Raphaela Charlotte
Raphaela Augustina

escorpion Thu 06-Jul-17 18:19:32

What about Raphaela Rose? That sounds a lot better imo.

escorpion Thu 06-Jul-17 18:20:58

I would mix it with a well established English name, especially if you are both British.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 06-Jul-17 18:20:58

Raphaela Bonita
Raphaela Lizette
Raphaela Frances
Raphaela Persephone

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 06-Jul-17 18:24:09

I tend to disagree about mixing it with a well established English name.
Raphaela is too unusual to carry of a filler name.
No disrespect, but Something like Raphaela Grace/Mae/Beth/Belle. Just isn't going to fit.

savagehk Thu 06-Jul-17 18:24:15

I'd go for a middle name that doesn't end in "a"

ComeTheFuck0nBridget Thu 06-Jul-17 18:27:28

I thought I wasn't going to like the two 'a' sound endings but actually I love it, very pretty

Dodie66 Thu 06-Jul-17 18:42:54

What's your surname?

Crumbelina Thu 06-Jul-17 18:54:26

I don't want to out myself but it begins with a P, is short and very British (and I don't like it blush)

Yvetteballs Thu 06-Jul-17 18:58:45

Something that's Italian or Spanish but used here too e.g. Sophia

MarilynWhirlwindRocks Thu 06-Jul-17 20:04:03

OP,

Raphaela Madeleine / Madeline

Raphaela Lucy

(Raphaela/ Raphaella = one of my favourites. Good choice!).

FWIW, as well as the Tuscan Siena, I've always associated Sienna the name with Sienna Miller...and she's classy.

Mumoftheark Thu 06-Jul-17 20:30:51

I think it's a bit of a mouthful to be honest, even though I love the name sienna. I think you need a simple one syllable middle name, something like Grace perhaps

MammieBear Thu 06-Jul-17 21:02:55

Raphaela Cleodie.

bridgetreilly Thu 06-Jul-17 21:30:56

I think it may be a bit much, tbh. I love the name Sienna (and have no idea why people think it's chavvy), but Raphaela is already quite a lot of name. I'd go with a shorter and less Italian-sounding middle name.

Raphaela Joan
Raphaela Betty
Raphaela Claire
Raphaela Hope
Raphaela Maud
Raphaela Joy

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 06-Jul-17 21:57:18

Raphaella Anne
Raphaella Oriana
Raphaella Josette

Crumbelina Thu 06-Jul-17 22:09:01

Lots of great suggestions, thank you! Grace was DH's grandmother and I do love Sophia as well as lots of others. Betty (Elizabeth) is DD1. smile

imsorryiasked Thu 06-Jul-17 22:10:31

Raphaella Grace
Raphaella Faith
Raphaella Sian

Crumbelina Thu 06-Jul-17 22:14:33

I've always associated Sienna with the Italian town and Sienna Miller so I can't see the chavvy connection. I'm in London though - maybe it's an association in another park of the UK?

DH has always loved the name, he lived in Siena for a year and we visited the town on the day he proposed (tenuous links there! smile)

MammieBear Fri 07-Jul-17 12:12:12

Go with it then! It has personal connections for both of you and I'm sure when little one is older she will love hearing the story of her name.

Yvetteballs Fri 07-Jul-17 15:02:52

If your surname has 1 syllable, I think a 2 syllable middle name works just right with Raphaela.

I like Siena. It's a very pretty name and place. There are a lot of Sienna's about though, as others have said.

Yvetteballs Fri 07-Jul-17 15:09:42

I like your idea of Raphaela Rosa. Assisi is another pretty place/name.

Crumbelina Sat 08-Jul-17 13:38:09

Ooh nice, thank you! Also liking a middle name of Lucia (Lu-chee-a) as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now