Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Opinions on sibling names for Leo?

(16 Posts)
27Harper Mon 03-Jul-17 17:57:45

I very recently discovered I was pregnant again and me and hubby are so excited! I have a one year old son Leo, being shirt for Leonardo James. If it is a boy I was thinking maybe Sam? Can anyone give me opinions on these names?

Samuel Perry (Sam for Short)
Cooper (Coop for short)
Jayden (DH likes this one, I think I'm warming to it. Probably Jay for short)

Brianne (Brie for short)
Brianna (Again Brie for short)
Ivy
Maria (Common I know, but I just love that name)
Eva-Marie (I really like this name but so far some people don't seem keen when I ask them)
Paige

Could you tell me which boy and girls name you like the best? Maybe in like an order from best to worst if you could? xx

chowmeinchick Mon 03-Jul-17 18:00:57

I'm not a fan of cooper. Jayden and Eva are popular. The others are nice tho x

chowmeinchick Mon 03-Jul-17 18:01:51

Ivy and Brianna/e would be at the top of my girls list.
Probably Sam for a boy x

27Harper Mon 03-Jul-17 18:04:55

Eva is pretty popular, that's why I was thinking maybe Eva-Marie but I'm not sure how I feel about hyphen names (for my child not in general) xx

chowmeinchick Mon 03-Jul-17 18:16:33

Well just pick whatever you think is best 😊 there will always be someone who won't like the name as much as you do, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Good luck with everything xx

27Harper Mon 03-Jul-17 18:18:14

Thanks hun xx

17caterpillars1mouse Mon 03-Jul-17 18:21:31

I like Samuel and like Coop as a nickname bus for Cupid lol

From your girls names I like
Ivy
Maria - I wouldn't call it common. I prefer the simplicity of Marie
Eva-Marie

I like Bree as a nickname but would choose Bryony nn Bree instead as I don't like Brianna or Brianna

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 03-Jul-17 18:46:58

I like Samuel and Maria.

Decaffstilltastesweird Mon 03-Jul-17 19:15:31

Brianna is lovely. She could be Brie, Anna or Annie if she liked. I also like Samuel, Jayden and Maria.

27Harper Mon 03-Jul-17 19:56:04

I think I am leaning for towards Brianna if it's a girl. Why does everyone on this site have cool usernames except for me? Did I miss the memo lol xx

27Harper Mon 03-Jul-17 19:57:24

Sorry WE. It's a collective decision between me and hubby lol xx

Sophronia Tue 04-Jul-17 18:42:06

Definitely Samuel and Maria! They go best with Leonardo.

27Harper Wed 05-Jul-17 02:06:17

Thanks for your view hun. We are def leaning towards Samuel (Sam) and so far for the girls name it is a toss up between, Brie, Ivy and Maria xx

MammieBear Thu 06-Jul-17 11:43:33

Samuel and Eva Marie are lovely! that's the problem when you tell family and friends before baby's here your names everyone wants to wade in with their choice remember its your decision no one else's. smile

MammieBear Thu 06-Jul-17 11:46:10

Evamarie you could always do this if you don't like hyphens then it's a compound name like Annamarie, Rosemarie etc. wink

27Harper Fri 07-Jul-17 00:12:35

Thanks @MammieBear, I think Evamarie is beautiful! Don't care what anyone else in my family says (cough mother cough) xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: