Talk

Advanced search

Problem with name....6 years later! Help!

(10 Posts)
Celestia26 Mon 26-Jun-17 08:33:05

Hello, I am new to the baby names forum, and have been on here trying to help my friend name her baby. However whilst reading the various posts I have come across a potential problem with my DS name! He is 6 so of course changing around names is not a possibility anyway. I guess I am either looking for reassurance or some way to limit the damage 😂.
Anyway his name is Noah S.......
There was a recent thread about a Noah Sailor not being the best name. On it someone pointed out that ANY Noah S name should be avoided as it sounds like No ass.
Hmmmm, well I haven't encountered this the past 6 years, and he is Noah S at school already as there is another in his class, however this is primary school, not secondary school. Possibly just a (Scottish?) accent thing that may never be a problem? I've heard Noah S said previously and it never jumped out at me before. Opinions? Thanks x

regularbutpanickingabit Mon 26-Jun-17 08:36:27

It's absolutely fine. I have never heard of no ass for Noah S and I know two of them! Seriously, people have very strange associations with names. He's 6, you have never had an issue with his name until now, its fine.

Celestia26 Mon 26-Jun-17 08:41:37

Thank you Regular, that's what I thought. I appears any name can end up having issues. We were very careful choosing a name as our surname is a very difficult pairing, so I had thought we did OK. Lol. Thank you.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 26-Jun-17 09:04:11

Don't worry Celestia, he'll be fine.
Children find all sorts of things to torment each other with, no doubts at some point, your little boy will join in.😄

Jooni Mon 26-Jun-17 09:44:20

Definitely a non-issue. You're fine smile

ApplesOranges Mon 26-Jun-17 13:24:32

Non issue don't worry! That will never occur to most people.

Celestia26 Mon 26-Jun-17 13:28:53

Thank you, was hoping that would be the general opinion! 😊 phew!

BlueChampagne Mon 26-Jun-17 14:09:15

I wonder if it's "Know a Sailor" rather than (or even as well as) no-ass ... rather like you have to be careful using Iona?? Agree that it's academic.

Mrsknackered Mon 26-Jun-17 14:14:21

I have a Noah S too grin not another Noah in his class but I had never ever considered it would be a problem.
I think it's fine blush

mayoli Tue 27-Jun-17 15:04:18

I just said it out loud (I have a strong Glaswegian accent) and I don't think it's noticeable. Don't worry about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now