Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Freya or one of these alternatives?

(18 Posts)
Chloris33 Tue 13-Jun-17 22:29:55

Now seriously considering Freya, at DH's suggestion. Is it getting over popular? What do you think? We like Isobel too, which, in its various spellings, is also popular. Or Clara, though DH worried it sounds too serious.

KoalaDownUnder Tue 13-Jun-17 22:30:43

Much prefer Clara to Freya.

Isobel and its variants are overused.

SuperBeagle Tue 13-Jun-17 22:36:07

I love Freya, and like Clara.

I don't like Isobel.

Lucked Tue 13-Jun-17 22:37:46

I prefer Freya then Isobel. I don't think Clara sounds serious but I am not a fan.

DramaAlpaca Tue 13-Jun-17 22:40:02

Isobel and its variants are everywhere these days.

I've met a good few Claras too, but I only know one Freya and she's in her 20s so I don't think it's over popular at all.

I'd go for Freya.

Firsttimemama2017 Tue 13-Jun-17 22:43:30

I have an Isobel who is 5 months and haven't yet met another one at the various baby groups etc I attend! It is popular but maybe not with babies being born now, more older children. I love Freya but my partner didn't like it. Not keen on Clara

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 13-Jun-17 23:00:14

❤️ Isobel

17caterpillars1mouse Wed 14-Jun-17 08:25:32

My TH adores Freya and I did 10 years ago before it became so popular but now where we live you can go to the park and hear 5 different mum's shouting their Freya in the space of 10 minutes. Saying that we haven't met a baby Freya all seem to be 5+

I love Isobel (it's my daughter's middle name). One of the reasons I didn't consider it for first name was its popularity. However we again know no baby Isobel's youngest we know is 3

We don't know any Clara's. I really like it as it makes me think of the nutcracker

Joeybee Wed 14-Jun-17 08:53:07

Think Clara and Freya are both gorgeous names. Freya sounds more fresh and fun to me...but I think it'll become pretty popular.

Bestseller2017 Wed 14-Jun-17 08:54:28

I like Freya and don't know a single one. Don't like Clara at all although it is popular on here.

Thatextrainch Wed 14-Jun-17 08:55:10

Freya 21st most popular 2015
Clara 91st
Isobel 113st

Clara is gaining popularity. Isobel isn't that popular but with Isabel (110) and Isabelle (19) combined there are plenty around. Personally I prefer Freya.

Llamacorn Wed 14-Jun-17 08:57:23

I love Freya, it was always my name if I had a 4th daughter.
It's definitely not popular where we are, don't think I've met a Freya yet actually.

I like Clara too, but Freya is by far my favourite, just so pretty.

I'm not keen on Isobel, I see it more as a middle name tbh (although it's my dh's grans name so that could be clouding my judgement).

harderandharder2breathe Wed 14-Jun-17 09:09:25

I know one Freya (age 6) and no Clara's

I know tons of Isabel/Isabelle/Isabella though I don't think any Isobel

Sophronia Wed 14-Jun-17 11:08:49

Isobel is my favourite.

Lemondrop99 Wed 14-Jun-17 15:59:57

I think both Freya and Clara are lovely. I wouldn't think either are super (10 in a class) popular.

Isobel is pretty but overused and has endless spelling variations which could get annoying

bluechameleon Wed 14-Jun-17 18:59:54

I've always loved Isobel but it is very popular now if you combine all the spellings. Clara is beautiful. Freya is nice but it as nice as the other two.

Decaffstilltastesweird Wed 14-Jun-17 18:59:59

I like them all, but think Isobel is very popular. Freya less so, but it's still fairly well used where I live and I'm just not sure I like the fr sound at the start. Don't know why confused.

1) Clara
2) Freya
3) Isobel

I like them in this^^ order (favourite to least).

HollyJollyDillydolly Wed 14-Jun-17 21:07:20

I only know 1 Freya and She's 4, i know lots of Isobel/Isabel/Isabelles.
I don't know any Claras but prefer the name Freya.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now