Talk

Advanced search

Middle name question

(4 Posts)
givemethecake Wed 31-May-17 00:00:05

If the chosen first name ended in a 'y' could we get away with the middle name also ending in a 'y'?

Also, do more people choose the middle name because they like a name, or is it usually after someone in the family?

And I feel like OH has let me pick the first name (although he says he does like it) so should I let him pick the middle name as long as I don't hate it?

I probably sound stupid but please help me haha x

Emma2803 Wed 31-May-17 00:30:07

Yes I think names ending in y sound (so y or ie) can so together. I really like may as a middle name so like holly/hollie may, ellie may, darcy may etc. Sounds good to me.

I think it's a personal choice what your middle name is, some go for a family name, some for a name they like, it doesn't really matter as long as your happy.
I love the names May, Rose and Louise as middle names.

SuperBeagle Wed 31-May-17 00:39:37

I agree with Emma that something like Holly May would work, but something like Holly Chloe wouldn't.

My kids aren't named after family. I am named after two family members and don't like it (I share both first and surname with an aunt I despise with all my being - it sucks). My kids' middles names are 2 x after musicians, 1 x after a song, and 1 x after a character from a book.

givemethecake Wed 31-May-17 00:45:04

Thank you for both of your reply!

It's been very hard thinking of the first name so think it will be easier to name after someone in the family (most names end in a 'y') but I'm sure if a good name comes up we will chose that! I think the 2 'y' names were choosing at the minute do go quite well together, I just wasn't sure what other people thought about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now