Talk

Advanced search

What are your opinions on the name Grace Roseanne?

(15 Posts)
AppleTreesCanSing Mon 29-May-17 00:16:24

We are registering her on Tuesday, so we are just making sure that it's the right choice!

Surname is double-barrelled (is that the right thing to do? We are not married!)

Also, which way for the surname? Stephenson-Matthews or Matthews-Stephenson?

Thank you smile

Moomins67 Mon 29-May-17 00:40:47

Grace Roseanne Stephenson-Matthews sounds wonderful

AppleTreesCanSing Mon 29-May-17 00:42:06

Yay! Thank you star

Sophronia Mon 29-May-17 01:01:08

Grace Roseanne is very nice. I think Grace Matthews-Stephenson sounds better, as Grace Stephenson kind of runs together making it sound like Grey Stephenson.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 29-May-17 01:21:30

Sorry to upset the apple cart but
Rosanna Grace flows better than Grace Rosanna

AppleTreesCanSing Mon 29-May-17 01:26:06

It's Roseanne smile also, does flow even matter? If it sounds okay, I don't think it really matters. DP doesn't like Roseanne enough either!

Moomins67 Mon 29-May-17 01:43:03

I don't think flow matters that much, as she won't say her full name that often. Only at the beginning when you're showing the baby around, and then on forms or when talking about middle names.

squoosh Mon 29-May-17 01:47:11

Nope, flow with middle name doesn't matter.

Grace Matthews-Stephenson sounds good 👍

squoosh Mon 29-May-17 01:50:51

Surname is double-barrelled (is that the right thing to do? We are not married!)

I meant to say, definitely the right thing to double barrel 🙂

29Palms Mon 29-May-17 06:11:28

Grace Matthews-Stephenson sounds good.
Grace Stephenson-Matthews sounds awkward.

29Palms Mon 29-May-17 06:12:45

Although tbh they all sound a bit hissy. Personally I'd choose a first name with no sibilants.

Ohmyfuck Mon 29-May-17 08:51:17

Grace Roseanne Matthews-Stephenson. Beautiful name. If you say Grace Stephenson-Matthews, it will sound as if her name is 'Grey' so definitely put Matthews first. Xx

needsomeopinions Mon 29-May-17 09:10:21

To be honest I think saying it in full sounds like quite a mouthful. Is it really necessary to be double barrelled? We weren't married when DD1 was born but it never crossed my mind not to give her my DH's surname, and now we are married so it would have made it irrelevant anyway? Obviously totally up to you, and you may not want to take your partners name even if you do get married in the future anyway!

Pemba Mon 29-May-17 18:00:25

Grace Roseanne is lovely. I was going to say Stephenson-Matthews, but actually Ohmyfuck is right, come to think of it. With Grace, it has to be Matthews-Stephenson. Just say it over a few times, you will see.

Rockaby Mon 29-May-17 21:22:53

Another vote for Grace Matthews-Stephenson. Lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now