What goes better

(26 Posts)
Doglover83 Mon 22-May-17 09:44:51

Hi ya which of these two flows better with Dylan

Dylan and Isabella (Belle)
Dylan and Isla

Thanks

rizlett Mon 22-May-17 09:46:43

Isla is better - unless you just have Belle - in which case - both.

Doglover83 Mon 22-May-17 09:48:11

Thanks, so hard to know smile

SuperSix77 Mon 22-May-17 09:50:15

Dylan & Belle.

onalongsabbatical Mon 22-May-17 10:22:44

TBH I don't think there's a lot in it, and all the names are lovely.
But - when did it become a thing that siblings names had to somehow go together, rather than being distinct and separate names for individual children? I've noticed it a couple of times on mumsnet, and it's completely new to me, and really, I don't get it?
But if it matters, I think Isla maybe slightly edges it.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 22-May-17 10:42:05

I like Dylan and Isla.

Doglover83 Mon 22-May-17 11:13:15

I would have to say my husband agrees with you! I just was unsure with putting a trendy name as such, with a traditional name! But yes I suppose it diesbt really matter smile

ExConstance Mon 22-May-17 11:44:03

You have to think of the Christmas cards you will be sending - Despite the fact that "Joel" suited no 2 very well I could not create a situation where I'd be writing "Jack and Joel" on the cards and tags.

onalongsabbatical Mon 22-May-17 11:50:17

What's wrong with Jack and Joel???
I maintain the fact that separate human beings can have entirely unrelated or related names without any injury being done to anybody?
I am seriously mystified - is it like wearing clashing colours?
Or decorating a room in two different styles?
What - tell me!

DramaAlpaca Mon 22-May-17 11:52:36

I like Dylan and Isla, but it really doesn't matter. Just go with the one you & your DH love best.

LarrytheCucumber Mon 22-May-17 11:56:28

Try the shouting test. 'Dylan and Isla come here at once.'

RainbowJack Mon 22-May-17 12:07:51

I prefer Dylan and Isabella (Belle).

29Palms Mon 22-May-17 12:54:13

Bollocks to Christmas cards, that should not be a factor in choosing a name, which is a serious matter. You are giving a human being a name for their whole life. Your children will not be glued together, they will be doing things separately in a very few years time.

Epipgab Mon 22-May-17 13:13:59

Dylan and Isabella (Belle)

Sophronia Mon 22-May-17 18:16:18

Isla goes better with Dylan

BackforGood Mon 22-May-17 18:24:28

I agree with onalong and 29Palms

This is going to be a person's name for potentially 90 years + it really isn't about choosing a matchy matchy name for the Christmas cards for 20 years. Choose the best name for that individual person.

Doglover83 Mon 22-May-17 19:16:38

Thanks everyone for your comments! Now, can anyone suggest middle name for Isla??

Pemba Mon 22-May-17 19:30:59

Isabella is so much lovelier.

Rockaby Mon 22-May-17 20:23:12

Dylan and Isla by miles for me. But then, I have an irrational hatred of the nn / name Bella / Belle. Think it's because of those terrible, terrible twilight books.

Re middle names;

Isla Vivienne
Isla Joy
Isla Daisy
Isla Jane
Isla Felicity
Isla Madeleine
Isla Primrose
Isla Sophie
Isla Charlotte

Epipgab Mon 22-May-17 21:07:19

Isla Belle?

Or if you went for another "bel" name as middle name you'd still have the option of Belle as nickname. Isla Christabel, Isla Maribel, Isla Belinda, Isla Sarabelle, Isla Mabel, Isla Corabel, Isla Mirabelle.

Isla Meredith
Isla Juliet
Isla Marianne
Isla Nicole
Isla Jasmine
Isla Rachel
Isla Susannah
Isla Constance

Doglover83 Wed 24-May-17 17:44:32

Thanks for all the suggestions peeps smile I love Isla and I love belle but do they work together!?

What do you's think of Isla Eve?

MikeUniformMike Wed 24-May-17 17:55:24

Belle Eve?

Isla Eve gets a no from me as it will be said as Isla Reve

onalongsabbatical Wed 24-May-17 17:59:08

Not Isla Eve - a word ending on a vowel and then another one starting on a vowel is too tricky, it's why 'a' turns to 'an' if there's a word beginning with a vowel, i.e. a book, an apple.
I'm not keen on Isla Belle - I think it sounds like Isabelle gone wrong.
Sorry.
I love some of the ones suggested above - Isla Felicity and Isla Rachel are my favourites but I'm massively biased because my two girls are Rachel Grace and Felicity Ruth! smile

FeedTheSharkAndItWillBite Wed 24-May-17 18:20:44

Isabella is really pretty! smile
A middle name for Isla should start with a consonant imo. So, maybe Isla Belle, Isla Fleur, Isla Penny, Isla Rose...

Rockaby Wed 24-May-17 18:25:51

I would vote no to Isla Belle and Isla Eve. As pps said, Isla Belle sounds too much like Isabel, but not. Isla eve would become Isla Reve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now