Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sulien? What is this?

(7 Posts)
temporarilyjerry Thu 18-May-17 20:04:11

The top boys names in US popped up on Facebook so I thought I'd compare them with the top names in UK. Need to get a life.

www.motherandbaby.co.uk/baby-names/the-top-baby-names-for-2017

Number 10 boys' name in UK in 2017 is Sulien. I have never heard this name in my life. I have lived in Wales, I have taught for 30 years and I have 3 DC of my own. I know 1000 of children but not one Sulien. So where are they all?

NotISaidTheWalrus Thu 18-May-17 20:06:19

That's not any kind of official statisitic, they won't be out til next year.
Handy tip; you can tell its a load of wank when the list says top 10of 2017and its only May. See the problem?

temporarilyjerry Thu 18-May-17 20:36:32

No, not official statistics but the website of Mother and Baby magazine. I just don't understand why they would include Sulien along with very popular names, Noah, Harry, Oliver, Jack etc.

LineysRun Thu 18-May-17 20:41:13

To be fair, it does say 'so far' and 'predicted risers'. And that magazine is a well known pile of wank.

RainbowJack Thu 18-May-17 21:17:26

I just don't understand why they would include Sulien along with very popular names

Because they're nutters.

Saint Sulien, Sulian, or Silin was the reputed 6th-century founder-abbot of a monastery at Luxulyan in Cornwall. His feast day is 29 July.

According to Darkgreener there were no Sulien, Sulian, or Silins born in 2015.

I guess from 0 to 1 could make it a 'riser' but definately not popular.

NotISaidTheWalrus Thu 18-May-17 21:57:04

It's page filling click bait. Someone just sat down and made it all up. They were probably seeing how outlandish they could get away with.

Sophronia Fri 19-May-17 07:29:24

I've heard the name before, but yes, these aren't official statistics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now