Talk

Advanced search

Due date is nearing and can not decide...

(21 Posts)
Mustbeinsane1984 Wed 17-May-17 23:14:31

Really starting to panic confused Sort of narrowed a few names down but what do you think about Amelie Mina?

PoniesandProsecco Wed 17-May-17 23:21:19

I think both names are beautiful but not together? How about Amelie May? Or Mai
Minna Amelia is nice you for something slightly different

Joeybee Thu 18-May-17 00:32:51

Amelie is lovely. Really not a fan of Mina though, and don't think Amelie and Mina flow well together. Amelie Mae or Amelie Maeve are similar alternatives which fit well.

CricketRuntAndRashers Thu 18-May-17 06:00:11

Mina is lovely. Amelie is ok.
I personally prefer Mina Amelie to Amelie Mina, tbh.

Mustbeinsane1984 Thu 18-May-17 06:16:33

It wouldn't be a double name. It would be a first and a middle. My DH late mother was Wilhelmina so trying to incorporate that in some way. Also not in the UK and got 3 different languages for the name to fit in to. Been looking at Willow as middle name but I don't know if it's too out there for us.

CricketRuntAndRashers Thu 18-May-17 06:19:45

May I ask which 3 different languages? We also have similar requirements for finding a name...

Wilhelmina is really charming imo smile! But I also really like Mina.

Or an other name starting with "Wil"?

Mustbeinsane1984 Thu 18-May-17 06:30:57

I am not the biggest fan of Wilhelmina, it's an oldie but I think will make a come back. Italian, Dutch and English. Italian name is sort of out as everyone is almost named the same in Italy. I do like Carlotta as I like Charlotte and Lotte but DH not so keen. I also like Alice but in Italian it would sound Aliche which I don't like or would have to change the spelling to Alyss which seems a bit too made up ☚ī¸

CricketRuntAndRashers Thu 18-May-17 06:43:30

Oh, that's really similar. We have English, German and preferably Italian (with bonus points if it also "works" in French...).
Alyss is Welsh, right?

Elisabetta, Victoria, Vittoria, Anna, Emilia, Louisa, Flora, Greta, Georgina, Francesca?

Or maybe a "Wil" name? Wilda, Wilona, Wilma....

Dixiestamp Thu 18-May-17 08:00:41

The Welsh way is Alys- one s.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 18-May-17 09:58:00

Hi OP 😄
Amelie Willow is beautiful, I'd definitely go with it.
Amelie Mina, just sounds too much.

RuthB4 Fri 19-May-17 20:11:53

I think Mina is really lovely! And Amelie. And they go well together too.

Epipgab Fri 19-May-17 21:08:14

Willow would be a lovely middle name.

NavyandWhite Fri 19-May-17 21:14:29

Willow is a bit of mouthful with Amelie.

Rose or Kate might be better?

FartnissEverbeans Sat 20-May-17 12:32:55

I love Amelie Willow. I don't think Willow is all that 'out there' - it's certainly unusual, but not unheard of and I'm sure it was in the top 100 baby names.

How about Willa?

Mrsknackered Sat 20-May-17 13:08:40

Willa is a great name, I have a Finnish friend who is Miina short for 'Yasmiina'. So Yasmina maybe?

BewareOfTheToddler Sat 20-May-17 17:04:29

How about Mina Willow!

BewareOfTheToddler Sat 20-May-17 17:04:51

Sorry, that should have been "How about Mina Willow?"!

CricketRuntAndRashers Sat 20-May-17 17:11:28

Mina Willow is lovely smile

Mustbeinsane1984 Sat 20-May-17 17:12:24

Thank you for all your suggestions! It's so difficult! Our sons name was so much easier to come up with! Mina def got to be in there somewhere. I am not feeling Willa either 😕 Any other suggestions would be welcomed thanks all

Epipgab Sat 20-May-17 19:58:16

Would it work if you used a different name ending in Mina?

Amelie Tasmina
Amelie Romina
Amelie Pamina
Amelie Carmina
Amelie Jasmina
Amelie Gemina
Amelie Wilmina

Would m(something else)ina in a name work? E.g. Marina, Melina?

lrliml Sun 21-May-17 00:04:58

Love Amelie but agree with others who have said Mina doesn't fit very well sad. IMO a shorter name would be a better fit.

Having said that, you never say a childs name in full anyway so maybe it doesn't matter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now