Talk

Advanced search

WDYT Nell or Jude as a sibling to...

(22 Posts)
JanuaryJuniper Sat 13-May-17 12:07:58

Eli and Aphra??

We will be finding out the sex of this little one next week and have (after lots of back and forth and changing of minds) settle on Nell for a dd and Jude for a ds.

We know we love the names so not really looking for opinions on what you think of the names themselves but rather how you think they work together with our other dc names.

MaidenMotherCrone Sat 13-May-17 12:22:09

I love your names and think they go well together.

Dawnedlightly Sat 13-May-17 12:29:19

They're lovely and go well with your existing names!

SirNiallDementia Sat 13-May-17 12:37:50

Lovely names and go well with the other twosmile

Rockaby Sat 13-May-17 12:50:32

I really love all your names! Lovely choices.

The only thing I might suggest I see maybe Penelope or maybe Helena on the bc for Nell? Though I love Nell on its own too. Also love Nia which is sort of similar.

JanuaryJuniper Sat 13-May-17 13:06:22

roackaby by dh would love you for your suggestion of Penelope which I wouldn't be totally adverse to but I have some reservations. One being I feel it's to long next to Eli and Aphra. Also I think it may have become very popular due to the Kardashians. Also I'm kinda a put whatever you are going to call them everyday on the birth cert sorta gal grin

But I wouldn't strike off the idea completely yet!

JanuaryJuniper Sat 13-May-17 13:06:49

Too long
Not
To long blush

Rockaby Sat 13-May-17 14:58:36

Oh I really wouldn't worry about it being longer than the others. My brother has a one syllable name and my sister and I both have three syllable names. I hadn't noticed that till now as it really hasn't been an issue. I think Eli, Aphra and Penelope sounds very nice.

Obviously if you don't like Penelope, that's a different matter.

Notso Sat 13-May-17 15:15:16

Love them both. Fab choices OP and nice to see someone else who doesn't feel the need for a birth certificate name smile

Rockaby Sat 13-May-17 16:37:49

notso

I don't feel the "need" for a bc name. I just think it can be nice to have options sometimes smile. It totally depends on the names of course and I'd never choose a longer name I didn't like just because I thought there "needed" to be a long name on the bc.

user1459464195 Sat 13-May-17 16:53:37

Love the names and think they both go really well with your DCs' names.

Reow Sat 13-May-17 16:54:20

I love Nell. Gorgeous and not overused.

JanuaryJuniper Sat 13-May-17 21:32:32

Thanks for the positive feedback so far smile

We are getting very excited as this time next week we will already know what it is (if baby cooperates that is)

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Sat 13-May-17 21:49:10

Love them both. Simple yet striking.

Sophronia Sat 13-May-17 22:49:26

Both good names and go well with Eli and Aphra.

DramaAlpaca Sat 13-May-17 22:50:39

They both work well with your older DC's names.

ABitOTT Sat 13-May-17 23:06:42

Eli, Aphra & Nell doesn't flow as well when I say it compared to Eli, Aphra & Jude. It's just a minor issue for me & Nell is such a pretty name. I wouldn't worry about the mumsnet obsession with picking a longer name for the birth certificate either. If you like a name then use it.

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Sat 13-May-17 23:15:33

I don't think you need to worry too much about how the names flow, unless you see them performing in a folk trio when they're older grin

JanuaryJuniper Sun 14-May-17 15:39:49

PMSL @ folk trio grin

ArseyTussle Mon 15-May-17 11:07:23

Those names actually would be FABULOUS for a folk trio. grin

They're great, OP. I love all three. Just a side note in case you're averse to popular names, I do know a few little Judes.

Catcheronthesly Mon 15-May-17 11:32:42

I'm so jealous! I wanted Nell and Aphra on our list but DH vetoed both!

JanuaryJuniper Mon 15-May-17 14:50:59

ArseyTussle yeah I would prefer not too popular however we are not in the UK, I know Jude is popular enough in the U.K. It's not even in the top100 where we live.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now