Talk

Advanced search

Did you change your baby's name? If so, how old were they?

(9 Posts)
Orange80 Fri 12-May-17 22:50:14

Just that really!

I've never loved any of my DCs' names sad they were all compromises with my DH and - I know this sounds weird - my mother.

My youngest is just a baby and contemplating a name change...

Orange80 Fri 12-May-17 22:52:41

(Sorry. Not my mother, my step mother. Know that makes it sounds really odd but there were really good reasons I wanted to make her happy and she is ace.)

voobylooby Fri 12-May-17 22:56:37

My brother"'s name was changed at around a month if I remember correctly. First name and middle name switched. He says now he wishes mum had stuck to her guns as his name is quite common.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sat 13-May-17 11:02:33

If you want to change it OP, go ahead, this is your baby. 😄

FizzyGreenWater Sat 13-May-17 11:57:55

Change it!

Sounds like you've compromised enough...

auntym Fri 19-May-17 13:27:18

Yes I changed DS name after a couple of weeks, best thing I ever did. Sometimes you have to get to know them a little first grin

CotswoldStrife Fri 19-May-17 13:33:11

Congrats on the recent arrival OP!

Is it really the name you are unhappy about OP, or are you focusing a more general feeling of doubt or unhappiness on the name instead?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 19-May-17 13:36:45

You can change a first name on a birth certificate up to a year old.

AntagonyAunt Fri 19-May-17 13:54:26

My son was prem and I felt rushed to name him so changed it at about 3 months after trying to live with it. It wasn't a name I would have picked before he was born but it just suits him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now