Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be a bit annoyed?

(10 Posts)
JJ1612 Mon 08-May-17 13:38:03

I had my baby a week and half ago and when my MW was looking through her red book I noticed what I thought was a spelling mistake where her name is written down in the hearing test bit. When I mentioned it and they had a proper look it's actually a whole different name. I told the midwife that it wasn't her name but she said she is unable to change it!

AIBU to be slightly annoyed that in my daughters red book her name is going to be wrong? I know it's only a small section of the book but I just feel that they couldn't even be bothered to get her name right and it's going to be there forever as it's not allowed to be changed

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Mon 08-May-17 13:40:59

Is it definitely her hearing test results? I wouid be more concerned about them not being the right results.

JJ1612 Mon 08-May-17 13:46:34

Yes the surname is the same and the NHS number is the same. its just her first name that is wrong

MarcelineQueen Mon 08-May-17 19:03:42

Just tippex over it and change it yourself.

Thatextrainch Mon 08-May-17 19:03:49

My Dds name is completely wrong throughout her red book. Despite moving and having new HV and advising them of her actual name I still receive letters with the wrong name (first name has a spelling mistake which renders it a completely different name [think Lola to Lisa] dd has dps surname but the red book lists her surname as mine).

It did annoy me initially but mostly because the hospital also had our wrong address listed despite us checking checking they had the right one so I didn't get the midwife check the day after we left hospital so the red book mistake tipped me over the edge a bit. However, now I couldn't care less.

AliciaMayEmory Mon 08-May-17 19:07:13

My DS was given a girl's red book. TBH, apart from vaccinations being recorded in it, and the check ups that we were offered, I've not looked at it at all. It matters when they are all new and little, but in the big scheme of things, as long as they are the correct results it really doesn't matter.

NurseryNightmares Mon 08-May-17 19:19:36

My DD's name was taken down incorrectly by our GP surgery when she was registered. They've updated it but for some reason the incorrect spelling still comes up on the announcement screen whenever we go into an appointment. With the mistake it just looks like ignorant parents who have ruined a beautiful, classic name with a "yoonique" spelling so every time I go in I feel the need to mutter loudly to myself about them not having corrected the misspelling for fear of bring judged by the other patients blushgrin

Rockaby Mon 08-May-17 21:49:46

I don't really see it as a huge problem, as long as the results are right. I haven't looked at my DD's red book for ages, (she's only two and a half). I doubt she will ever look at it in her lifetime unless I morph into my MIL, who has kept a surprising number of DH's baby things and likes to get them out at random moments, to pass round the room (I think she's a secret, evil genius, hell bent on making DH blush grin. I doubt a child would care if their name was misspelt in just one section of their red book. I don't even know if my mum had a red book for me! Did they even exist then..?

Sorry, I am rambling a bit here.

Basically, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. There are better things to worry about, like enjoying the newborn cuddles smile.

Nursery that's a bit annoying! I'd do the muttering trick too grin.

Oysterbabe Mon 08-May-17 22:15:11

I don't think it matters at all tbh.

user1493022461 Mon 08-May-17 22:18:08

yes yabu. This could not matter less, literally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now