Talk

Advanced search

Matilda or Rosie

(27 Posts)
RR530 Wed 26-Apr-17 19:38:50

Having a name nightmare! Have a son and daughter called Amelia and William. Who we sometimes call mills and wills as nn. New baby daughter has been named Rosie Isabella however it doesn't seem to fit with the other children's names and not sure if it suits her or whether we should change it to Matilda emily rose. My husband is not keen on Rosie and likes the name Matilda. I always liked the name emily as it is my great grandmothers name. I'm worried that she may end up with nick name tills then it would be mills, wills and tills, and non sure if mills, wills and Tilly works either . Love the names Charlotte and Florence but can't use either of these as have a niece named Charlotte and Florence is my daughters middle name. Any thoughts on this?? Or suggestions. Many thanks!

FeedTheSharkAndItWIllBite Wed 26-Apr-17 19:41:24

Mafalda?

Rose is beautiful imo. Or what about Rosalie?

Sugarpiehoneyeye Wed 26-Apr-17 20:19:38

Amelia, William and Matilda Rose.
Mills, Wills and Tills ! 😂

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 26-Apr-17 20:22:27

I would have said Matilda, but if you don't like Tills. I'd avoid it. I don't like Rosie which is strange as it was on my short list for dd.
I think you need another long classic and pretty name to match Amelia and William.
Harriet
Vivienne
Annabelle
Katherine
You were going to Isobelle as a mn. If you'd gone with Rosie. Would you have not use it as first name.
Francesca
Alexandra
Jessica
Melissa
Elizabeth

ChocolateSherberts2017 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:25:33

Rosa rather than Rosie as it will suit an adult better than Rosie would

Matilda
Lydia
Meredith
Eloise

ScarletForYa Wed 26-Apr-17 20:26:41

Rose or Rosie, Matilda reminds me of mildew.

TheNaze73 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:27:42

Rose or Rosie definitely.

Don't like Matilda at all

RedRosie Wed 26-Apr-17 20:29:13

Rosie!

(Although I may have a vested interest ...)

ifcatscouldtalk Wed 26-Apr-17 20:35:27

I think Matilda goes better with your other children's names. Rosie is really lovely too.
I quite like Mills, Wills & Tills. grin... It's like it's meant to be.

ShiningArmour Wed 26-Apr-17 20:38:35

I prefer Rosie.

MrsELM21 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:38:54

I think Matilda goes with your other children's names and also quite like Mills Wills & Tills grin

CoodleMoodle Wed 26-Apr-17 20:43:10

Rosie. I've known an adult Rosie and child Rosies (my DD is one) and it's suited them all perfectly well.

Congrats!

Ditsy1980 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:46:53

I love Matilda! I think it goes well with Amelia and William (and I like Mills, Wills and Tills!)
I prefer Rose to Rosie. Probably sounds daft but I always think of Rosie as a nickname not a real name.

Crispbutty Wed 26-Apr-17 20:47:38

Matilda Rose is nice

Violetcharlotte Wed 26-Apr-17 20:48:37

I love both names, but think I'd go for Rosie, just because Amelia and Matilda sound a bit similar.

Ohyesiam Wed 26-Apr-17 21:09:20

Rosie is really popular, Matilda is good and there are less of them about in my area.

Ankleswingers Wed 26-Apr-17 21:11:47

Rosie is gorgeous. So pretty smile

Definitely my favourite of the two

RR530 Wed 26-Apr-17 21:20:37

Thank you for your help so far. It's really hard trying to choose a name when you can't use your two preferred names and I think I've spent so much time thinking about names and going round in circles!

Pinkypierainbowdash Wed 26-Apr-17 21:55:56

Matilda rose is very nice i think.

But mable is my new fav at moment.I am not having more kids but if i had a girl it would be mable

Rose is very special name to me you hardly here it these days .

SuperBeagle Wed 26-Apr-17 22:10:33

I love both, but in this case I prefer Rosie Isabella over Matilda Emily Rose.

Rosie Isabella is such a gorgeous combination.

MumBod Thu 27-Apr-17 09:03:04

Matilda Rose is a beautiful name.

(Sorry to be a pedant, but Mabel is spelt 'el' not 'le' like table).

joannegrady90 Thu 27-Apr-17 09:04:12

Rosie is beautiful 😊

whosahappyharry Thu 27-Apr-17 09:12:43

I love Rosie. Rosalie, NN Rosie might be good choice?

Rosalie Matilda sounds lovely.

AmyOnTheBorder Thu 27-Apr-17 10:25:46

I think Matilda is lovely.

Rosie doesn't have enough gravitas for me so I would pick a longer Rose type name on the birth certificate: I like Rosalind and Rosanna.

Mrsknackered Thu 27-Apr-17 10:41:25

Rose or Matilda. Love both.
I really dislike Rosie!
I have a No and a Ro by accident! I quite like Mills, wills and tills grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now