Talk

Advanced search

Boys names

(14 Posts)
xapril87x Tue 18-Apr-17 14:08:04

Looking for opinions on the following names. DH and I can't seem to settle on one we both love.

1. Logan - Was always the front runner for so long, then the film Logan came out and it kind of put me off it. I don't want people to assume the child was named after the character. DH still loves this name, and part of me can see us ending up with this name but I just want to be sure.
2. Finlay
3. Aidan
4. Lewis

stuckinthehouse Tue 18-Apr-17 14:16:51

In order of preference:
1. Finlay - I quite like this but there are lots of spelling variations if that would bother you.
2. Lewis
2. Aidan
4. Logan - LOADS of them round here (South East coast). Seems like it should be less common but there are five in our dc's one-form-entry primary school.

singhkaur Tue 18-Apr-17 14:33:10

Aidan
Ayden
Aden
Aydun
Aydin

Jooni Tue 18-Apr-17 15:10:09

If you both love Logan, use it! I don't come across that many, and I haven't even heard of the film. My DD has a "film" name and people rarely comment on it.

My favourite on your list is Finlay but it's your preference that matters! I meet loads of kids called Finley/Finn but not many with any of the others if that bothers you.

strawberrypenguin Tue 18-Apr-17 15:19:00

If you like Logan then use it. Logan/Wolverine has been around for a long time now in various forms!

FeedTheSharkAndItWIllBite Tue 18-Apr-17 17:31:30

Logan: Love it! (i've never met a little Logan, btw...) Name regret seems to be pretty awful (I luckily haven't made any personal experiences) and it really isn't an "offensive name" or anything.

Lewis: Very nice.
Finlay: It's ok... But compared to Lewis and Logan? Eh...
Aidan: I don't like it. Plus, it seems to get mangled in so many different (admittedly rather creative) ways...

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 18-Apr-17 19:15:25

Lewis is my favourite, closely followed by Logan.
I'm afraid I don't care for Finlay or Aiden.

BlueChampagne Wed 19-Apr-17 15:50:22

Personally, my favourites are Aidan and Lewis.

SumAndSubstance Wed 19-Apr-17 16:37:18

I'm not personally a huge fan of Logan, but I agree with the pp who said you'll regret it if you don't use it just because of the film. I actually know a Logan who was named after the character (in the X-men? Is that right) and now this film has come out too, he just thinks it's cool! It's a popular enough name I think that the association with the film isn't inevitable.

Rockaby Wed 19-Apr-17 16:40:16

I love Aiden and Lewis.

Logan is perfectly nice, but I've never been keen on the Loge sound.

Finlay is nice too, but I know loads of babies / little boys with this name, (especially in Scotland, if you are based there). It's put me off a bit.

UntilTheCowsComeHome Wed 19-Apr-17 16:47:52

I have a Logan, he's 15 so when we named him the name was pretty unheard of, especially around here.

There was a bit of a surge in popularity around 5/6 years ago but seems to have dropped out of favour again.

It's still my favourite name ever.

The other names on your list are all ok but Logan is much stronger and cool sounding. <not at all biased wink >

xapril87x Wed 19-Apr-17 16:56:10

Thanks guys. I still really like Logan, I guess I'm just having some last minute doubts

DramaAlpaca Wed 19-Apr-17 16:59:38

I really like Logan too, it's fabulous & I haven't heard of the film connection so all I'd notice would be the lovely name which DH wouldn't let me use

I love all your list actually, they are my kind of names.

user1492757084 Fri 21-Apr-17 10:27:35

I think you are right to move Logan way down the list, unless it is a family name.
The other three names are all very nice.
Aiden is quite common.
Lewis is manly.
Finlay would get shortened to Fin. Fin is not at all offensive, though
I like Flynn - after John Flynn of the Innland.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now