Talk

Advanced search

Baby girl - help needed

(13 Posts)
Names6 Mon 17-Apr-17 19:35:41

Please help! DH loves the name Verity, but I just don't get it. To me it sounds too posh and like ferrety! I really want to like it because he does, but I just don't think I do. My favourite is Georgia, which has been on our agreed shortlist for a while, with Verity thrown into the mix very recently (because dh has only just started looking at books of names!) We only have about a week to go and I really wanted to have a name sorted for when she arrives, but that's looking really unlikely now. It's getting me down a bit actually. I'm worried that if I don't agree to Verity she'll never have a name. Please let me know what you think!

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 19:40:24

Georgina is lovely. I do like Verity too but if you've got a Ferrety Verity thing going on then it's not going to work for you.

How about Felicity?

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 19:41:37

Oh. You said Georgia not Georgina, sorry. Never so keen on place names myself but it's one of the prettiest of them.

FeedTheSharkAndItWIllBite Mon 17-Apr-17 19:56:05

I personally also prefer Georgina (sorry...).

I like Verity. But if it were to make me think of the word ferrity I'd probably dislike it as well ;)

What about Amity or Mery?

Or Patience, Prudence, Vera?

FeedTheSharkAndItWIllBite Mon 17-Apr-17 19:56:29

*Mercy blush

MikeUniformMike Mon 17-Apr-17 19:58:41

Constance? I like Georgia and Georgina. Verity is nice but Ferrety isn't.

EsmesBees Mon 17-Apr-17 19:59:58

I love both Verity and Georgia. I would say don't compromise, wait and see what she looks like, a name may occur to you which you both like. How about: Cecily, Cecelia, Rosalind, Harriet, Juliette?

Crisscrosscranky Mon 17-Apr-17 20:01:01

I liked Georgia but my OH wasn't a fan; I'm not a fan of Verity.

If we have similar tastes I also liked:

Nancy
Nina
Isobel
Megan

LunaMay Mon 17-Apr-17 20:23:00

I like Verity, everyone knows a little Georgia here, it's a nice and popular name.
I quite like Tavia or Talisa but I've been watching the five strings a lot lately lol

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 17-Apr-17 21:03:06

Georgina is lovely.

Sophronia Mon 17-Apr-17 21:37:21

Georgia Verity?

Mrsknackered Mon 17-Apr-17 22:17:11

Georgina is lovely. Not keen on Georgia. Really really don't like Verity. It's foul!
What about?

Gabrielle
Valerie
Leilani
Lorelei
Beatrix
Rose
Grace
Bella/Belle

RuthB4 Wed 19-Apr-17 04:36:37

I like Georgia. Not such a fan of Verity either!

What about:-

Josie
Norah
Mila
Marissa
Sara
Clara
Miriam
Laura
Abigail
Kiara
Naomi
Tessa
Cora
Phoebe
Merryn
Corrine
Gemma
Eliza
Ellen
Suzanna
Tabitha
Holly
Penny
Saskia
Meredith
Charlotte
Francesca
Nell
Helena
Pippa
Vanessa
Heidi
Clara
Zoe
Xanthe
Leah

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now