Talk

Advanced search

3 names all starting with the same letter - thoughts?

(6 Posts)
user1491904912 Tue 11-Apr-17 11:19:44

My partner and I have been finding it difficult to agree on our name for our child.

We finally agreed on a first name that we both like, and we decided months ago that we want 2 middle names to be after grandparents.

The trouble is, all 3 of these names start with the same letter :-/ The surname will be a different letter.

So, for example the initials would be A. A. A. B. (those aren't the real initials I'm just being secretive, haha! :-))

Is this weird? What do people think? My partner thinks it's a bit weird, and I can't decide if it's an issue at all.

My partner has a first name and middle name that start with the same letter - he says 2 is fine but 3 is strange.

Rockaby Tue 11-Apr-17 11:24:06

I think because you are naming her after relatives it's ok, assuming the names aren't otherwise similar.

Alice Alison Alicia Brown sounds weird but Amy Alison Annabel Brown sounds ok to me.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 11-Apr-17 15:14:10

It's fine OP.

ChippieFishieHorshie Tue 11-Apr-17 15:18:48

I think it's fine. And I agree, Alice Allison Alicia would be weird.

But Alice Ariana Anne (for example) would be fine imo.

Lemondrop09 Tue 11-Apr-17 15:21:24

Middle names aren't used day to day. Most people won't even be aware in every day life, and even when you announce the birth, most people forget middle names. It's fine

user1491904912 Tue 11-Apr-17 20:22:50

Thanks for the reassurance! Yes, the names are all fairly distinct despite starting with the same letter.

Sure is hard naming a person! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now