Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Here come the girls...

(46 Posts)
Tinnie88 Wed 22-Mar-17 22:44:42

help us narrow this down! Want a first and a middle. Our surname begins with R and isn't anything unusual or tongue twisting.

Amelie Eve
India Alice
India Eve
Talullah Alice
Florence Alice
Esme Rose
Honey Rose
Eliza Rose

Usanayme Wed 22-Mar-17 22:56:33

Florence Alice is very sweet
Eliza Rose, Esme Rose, and Amelie Rose (finding Amelie Eve hard to say) are also nice.

I wouldn't want to be an adult called Honey

Tallulah will never not be Bugsy Malone to me (...my name is Tallulah!...)

crapfatbanana Wed 22-Mar-17 23:10:12

Eliza Rose

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 22-Mar-17 23:46:18

Eliza Rose

ScarletSienna Wed 22-Mar-17 23:49:05

Florence or Eliza with Rose or Alice. I always look at lists and think which is like to be called most and least.

Least-Honey by a long way then Tallulah and India.

CakeRattleandRoll Thu 23-Mar-17 00:01:57

Esme Rose or Eliza Rose

reuset Thu 23-Mar-17 01:46:56

Honey is awful. They may might like it over on one of the sparkly/ticker/glitter forums, mentioning no names wink. Awful as a term of endearment, but just imagine it was your name!

Tallulah is less awful than Honey but is not much favourite. Has desperate hopeful stage mum vibes.

India I didn't once mind, but it's popular ex hipster choice nowadays.

Florence - fine

Esme- fine but then the pronunciation debate, and whether to include an accent or not, begins.

Eliza - ok but Elizabeth better.

SuperBeagle Thu 23-Mar-17 03:11:43

I like Esme Rose best.

India Alice, India Eve, Tallulah Alice don't work because the vowels clash. They end up as Indiaralice, Indiareve and Tallulahralice.

Florence Alice and Eliza Rose are both fine, I'm just not a fan of Florence (as the ones I know are always called Flo, which is awful) and I prefer Elizabeth to Eliza.

That leaves Honey Rose, which is lovely for a dog, but grim for a child.

Sunshineandlaughter Thu 23-Mar-17 03:20:11

Florence Alice or I'd have Emelia Alice rather than Amelia eve... more nn possibilities (em, emmie as well as milly and Lia) and classy
Please not honey...!!!
Rose is a very very popular middle name

Hooleywhipper Thu 23-Mar-17 03:21:23

Eliza Rose

TheDowagerCuntess Thu 23-Mar-17 05:01:17

Is Honey a serious contender? What appeals about it as a name for your daughter?

DS, 8, has a Honey in his class, and I'd just love to ask her parents that question, but of course never would!

Tinnie88 Thu 23-Mar-17 06:27:52

Thanks for your thoughts.

Honey was a curveball, I'd never thought about it before but Fern Cottons little girl is a Honey and I thought it sounded pretty, obviously not!

India is my favourite, I see it as a traditional English name that isn't hugely popular but not 'way out'. I didn't realise the hipster thing?! I'm obviously out of touch!

I like the Emilia suggestion, just would it be annoying constantly pointing out 'it's not Amelia is Emilia?'....hmm

The Alice/Eve thing is a nod to a family member so I'd really like to use one.

Eliza was DH suggestion, he's clearly better at this than me!

1horatio Thu 23-Mar-17 07:13:39

Amelie Eve: It's lovely. But Amelia and Eve are both really popular.
Talullah Alice: Lovely
Florence Alice: Florence is really popular where we live, but it's a really pretty name.
Esme Rose: Nice
Honey Rose: That sounds like the name of an actual flower. I'm not a fan of it, tbh.
Eliza Rose: Really lovely!

Eliza Rose is my favourite. But Tallulah Alice is a really close 2nd.

1horatio Thu 23-Mar-17 07:15:16

Btw...

I think Tallulah Alice would sound nicer if the 2nd name didn't start with an A as well. Tallulah Rose or maybe Tallulah Florence, Tallulah Grace etc...

Congratulations smile

Tinnie88 Thu 23-Mar-17 07:34:20

Talullah has been a secret love of mine for years. Just not sure if I'm brace enough as had lots more people say they don't like it than do. I also don't know any adult Talullahs so can't imagine an adult being called that. But I have liked it for so long!

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 23-Mar-17 09:11:11

Eliza Rose is beautiful.

Nancy91 Thu 23-Mar-17 09:18:25

Eliza Rose is beautiful, a strong name for any age and unusual enough without being a silly name. smile

Brollsdolls Thu 23-Mar-17 09:20:05

Eliza

ILikeSalmon Thu 23-Mar-17 09:25:14

Amelie Eve - ok but now common
India Alice - doesn't sound nice together
India Eve - ok ish
Talullah Alice - hate talullah
Florence Alice - ok if you call her Florrie
Esme Rose - nice
Honey Rose - horrible
Eliza Rose - that's a song I think? Hate Eliza anyway

Tinnie88 Thu 23-Mar-17 10:25:51

Is Amelie really popular now? On last years baby chart it was showing as 60. Esme is 61 and Eliza 62. Funny that three of our favourites place next to each other!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 23-Mar-17 10:29:09

Eliza Rose or Esme Rose.

I think the others run into each other too much.

reuset Thu 23-Mar-17 10:46:36

There's just something a bit naff about Tallulah. It's never been a favourite on Mumsnet

pilates Thu 23-Mar-17 10:57:32

Eliza Rose or Esme Rose

1horatio Thu 23-Mar-17 11:20:17

I think Amelie seems so popular to me for 2 reasons... Place 62 is fairly high up.

But more importantly... There's Amelia (which was the number 1 in 2015, wasn't it?) , Emilie, Emilia, Emmily etc. I know that they're not the same names but they're really similar and I personally perceive them to be in the same name "cluster"... Not sure if that makes sense.

marmitecheesetoast Thu 23-Mar-17 11:29:05

I like Eliza Rose the best by a mile.
Esme Rose and Florence Alice are also lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: