Talk

Advanced search

What are your son's names?

(48 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Wed 22-Mar-17 10:30:18

.....because me and DH can't come up with any boy's name that we like, we can't think of anything that we even half-like confused

We have got about 4/5 girl's names that we like but our boy's names list is completely empty.

With DS we found out he was a boy at 16 weeks and we still hadn't come up with a name by 39 weeks. In the end I let DH call him something I wasn't even that keen on because there was nothing I liked myself.

We need inspiration!!!

crapfatbanana Wed 22-Mar-17 10:52:29

I'm not giving their first names but their middle names are Peter, Charles and James.

What about: Adam, Alistair, August, Brodie, Benjamin, Ciaran, Cato, Connor, Ché, Darius, David, Ethan, Euan, Felix, Francis, Fionntan, Grayson, George, Harry, Horatio, Hugo, Inigo, Ivor, Justin, Jerome, Kurt, Karl, Lorenzo, Liam, Marcel, Malcolm, Murray, Neville, Noel, Nick, Otis, Oliver, Philip, Pascal, Quentin, Rufus, Raoul, Reed, Richard, Raymond, Shane, Stanley, Seth, Thomas, Trent, Talan, Timothy, Uther, Victor, Veryan, Wilfrid, Winston, Wesley, Xavier, Yves, Zachary

MiniMaxi Wed 22-Mar-17 10:56:31

Do you like classic or modern or quirky?

Are there any famous men you admire? (Living or historical!)

Bumpsadaisie Wed 22-Mar-17 11:00:30

Well you can't go wrong with any of these

William
George
James
Henry
Charles
John
Thomas
Frederick
Francis
Edward

Bumpsadaisie Wed 22-Mar-17 11:00:49

Well you can't go wrong with any of these

William
George
James
Henry
Charles
John
Thomas
Frederick
Francis
Edward

Pencilvester Wed 22-Mar-17 11:18:41

Telling you mine would out me, but how about...

Ingram
Albert
Fraser
Wilbur
Josiah

Writerwannabe83 Wed 22-Mar-17 11:32:41

We like names that aren't common but aren't 'odd' either - although I know people have different interpretations of 'odd' grin

Our son is called Arron, so not a hugely popular name but nor is it grimaced at......I hope grin

Susiethetortoiseshellcat Wed 22-Mar-17 12:00:32

I love Arron. I won't say my son's name but I also like more unusual but not totally different names. On our list were: Zachary, Jonah, Caleb, Arthur, Felix, Rowan.

Susiethetortoiseshellcat Wed 22-Mar-17 12:00:34

I love Arron. I won't say my son's name but I also like more unusual but not totally different names. On our list were: Zachary, Jonah, Caleb, Arthur, Felix, Rowan.

Writerwannabe83 Wed 22-Mar-17 12:13:33

I really like Zack/Zak/Zach but not a fan of Zachary for some reason. Our surname is only one syllable so we are trying to avoid one syllable first names too grin

I went through a phase of liking Toby at one stage but that's passed now.

I was considering Kieran too but it's one of my DH's good friends name and I'm not sure if that would be weird....

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Wed 22-Mar-17 12:16:51

Isaac.
Arron & Isaac. Cute, also works when they are adult.

Nottalotta Wed 22-Mar-17 12:22:07

Lucas? Aidan?

MiniMaxi Wed 22-Mar-17 12:55:42

I was thinking Isaac too - then you can have Zac as a nn (I never knew this before joining MN!)

Or how about

Orson
Felix
Miles / Milo
Flynn, Finn or Quinn
Arlo
Caelan
Malachi
Huxley
Dashiell

onthettcbus Wed 22-Mar-17 12:58:26

I'll tell you the names we considered for our children. They were Tristan, Abraham, Isaiah, Ace and Rocco.

NoCapes Wed 22-Mar-17 12:58:48

I have two sons
Not telling you their real names but in our lists for both were -
Dylan
Finley
Zachary
Thomas
Samuel
Cameron
Jesse
Aiden
Reuben
Joshua

Aoibhe Wed 22-Mar-17 13:06:02

Congrats writer, I think I remember you from bf threads in 2014? I had a son and would prefer not to post his name here but I liked

Noah
Aidan
Conor
James
David
William
Matthew
Oscar

Can't think of any more.

Nottalotta Wed 22-Mar-17 13:24:30

Congrats writer, didn't notice it was you. I wasn't the ttc boards with you forvds1. I had ds2 5.5 weeks ago and only registered him.yesterday as was undecided!

Womble75 Wed 22-Mar-17 13:34:34

I had the same problem! Tons of girls names but boys much harder. DS was born 2 weeks ago and this was my shortlist - we have used one from here after road testing it for a few weeks;

Isaac
Micah
Elijah
Reuben
Nathaniel
Zachary
Asher
Malachi
Caleb

Bit of a biblical theme going on confused

Jooni Wed 22-Mar-17 13:35:41

If you like Arron, Zack, Toby and Kieran, you might like:

Dillon/Dylan
Callum
Caleb
Declan
Lachlan
Dexter
Hudson
Dougie
Connor
Finlay
Elijah/Eli
Samuel/Samson
Torin

vaginasuprise Wed 22-Mar-17 13:47:22

Not their first names but middle names are

Josef
Levi
Flyn

Ponyboycurtis Wed 22-Mar-17 13:51:41

I had girls but boys name were between:
Sonny
Vinnie (Vincent)
Harvey
Lenny (Leonard)
Jude

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 23-Mar-17 00:03:12

Don't have any boys, but to give you suggestions for longish names that would work well with Arron.
Thomas
Reuben
Jacob
Matthew
Gabriel
Zachariah
Caleb
Connor

OrangeIsTheNewPop Thu 23-Mar-17 00:08:01

Korbyn-Jude. He was NEARLY Korbyn Severus!

wobblywonderwoman Thu 23-Mar-17 00:15:10

do you like
Emmet
Edmund
Oscar
Philip

RubyBluesey Thu 23-Mar-17 00:18:57

Noah
Aidan
Conor
David
Matthew
Ben
Milo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now