Talk

Advanced search

Boys Name - totally uninspired

(25 Posts)
TweeBoredWorrier Tue 14-Mar-17 23:14:38

Due a boy in a month and there is not one name I like.....not one. It's really stressing me out.
At a push (no.pun intended) I'd say Tom. Which is fine but it's more by default.....it's the only name I can live with. Possibly Joe also.
Ok so that's not giving you much to go on.
I want a simple name that's easy to pronounce and nothing that suggests royals. (Although I do quite like Charles as a 2nd name). Feel like I am missing something?
John is ok. Again, it's not love.
Anyone else not love ANY names? I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me!!

geordiedench Tue 14-Mar-17 23:19:14

Good plain non-Royal names

Sam
Matt
Luke
Paul
Peter
Ben
Dan
Max
Josh
James
Jack

Sophronia Tue 14-Mar-17 23:27:47

Alex
Adam
Ben
Dan
David
Evan
Fred
Frank
Finn
Joel
Jack
Josh
Jim
Jake
Luke
Leo
Lewis
Nick
Paul
Peter
Rob
Sam
Seth
Sean
Tim
Will
Zac

Aquamarine1029 Wed 15-Mar-17 02:08:59

Hudson Charles

PeachyImpeachment Wed 15-Mar-17 05:55:29

Fred
Jack
Ralph
Hugh
Frank

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 15-Mar-17 05:59:56

Jon (Jonathan), slightly more interesting than John.

Seb

But if you like Tom or Joe, use one of those. I LOVE Joe. Or you could use Jos for Joseph, like Jos Buttler, the cricketer.

BikeRunSki Wed 15-Mar-17 06:02:43

Amos
Adam
Stanley
Sam/Samuel
Finn
Flynn
Max
Ben/Benjamin
Charles/Chas
Rex
Felix
Timothy/Tim
Robert/Rob, Bertie

NoThighGap Wed 15-Mar-17 06:04:43

Ted
Jake
Freddie
Seb

These were all my shortlist for DS.

RuthB4 Wed 15-Mar-17 07:21:05

Ugh I really sympathise!!! I'm team yellow and, whilst there are lots of girls names I love, I found it really really hard to think of a boy's name that I liked enough to name a son.

I've finally found one, but I still don't think I love it as much as the girl's name we've picked!

I've found these forums really helpful as I started to get a feel of which names I did lean towards. Plus I like looking on Britishbabynames.com and Nameberry as I found that looking at the meanings behind the names, or its origin, really helped.

What about ..

Joss
Tate
Ross
Russ
Martin
Josiah
Jarrod
Joel
Liam
Owen
Evan
Ethan
Zac
Jude
Isaac
Sol
Colin
Luke
Bobby
Darren
Joshua
Sean
Dylan

Good luck!

RuthB4 Wed 15-Mar-17 07:40:23

Or...
Gray
Heath
Nathan
Saul
Jasper

Sistafromanuthamista Wed 15-Mar-17 08:11:10

Paul
Scott
Matthew

Sugarpiehoneyeye Wed 15-Mar-17 09:15:53

John is a good strong name OP, not over used.
John Charles is very nice.
Don't worry, when you see him, you'll decide.

BarInSpace Wed 15-Mar-17 09:36:43

Eli
Mick
Zane
Sid
Jet
Ash
Ezra
Miles
Greg
Hugo
Milo
Cole
Xander
Edwin
Abe
Neil
Nathan/Nate
Chris
Mack

SumAndSubstance Wed 15-Mar-17 10:03:28

My favourite straightforward boy's name is Nick.

JFDIplease Wed 15-Mar-17 10:06:01

If you like Joe, what about Jonas? Real name, easy to pronounce and spell, not royal and not hugely overused. I've got one (he's 2) and we use both the full and shortened version. Lots of people mistake it for Jonah, which is also nice, but that didn't work so well with our surname. Good luck, I found boys' names v hard!

BlueChampagne Wed 15-Mar-17 13:03:53

Anthony
Conrad

TweeBoredWorrier Wed 15-Mar-17 20:59:37

Thanks everyone. You are on the right lines, you followed the brief. I like a few. I hope as a pp said when I see him I'll know. Any more suggestions welcome.

MarcelineQueen Wed 15-Mar-17 21:30:51

I feel exactly the same way, I feel your pain. Boys names are completely uninspiring. The only boys name I truly like isThomas, which is also BILs name so we'd never use it angry

The only other names I vaguely like are:
Brandon
Evan
James
Elliott

HTH

Wingsofdesire Wed 15-Mar-17 21:47:50

Louis
Raffy
Luca
Alex

All too foppish for you, I think.

Tom is good. You can't go wrong with Tom, I think.
Sam.
Dan.
Jamie.

mum2be2boys Wed 15-Mar-17 21:48:18

I know how you feel... it took us ages to decide on a name for our first son. Currently pregnant with boy number two and found it even harder!
We called our first Matthew and have chosen Adam for our second. Both names stuck after seeing them randomly while not looking for names (one on the credits for a TV show, the other was the name of a character in a book!)

Other names on our shortlist were Joshua, Oliver, Dominic, James (but maybe too royal?!) Zachary, Daniel and Ethan.

Good luck!

MelinaMercury Wed 15-Mar-17 21:59:06

I quite like plain names, it makes a change from the hoards trying to choose something different and unheard of.

How about:
Andrew
Anthony
Anton
Ben
Christopher
Callum
Colin
Cameron
Darren
Daryle
Duncan
Evan
Ethan
Fraser
Gordon
Greame/Graham
Gregor
Issac
James
Jake
Jack
Jonathan
John
Joe
Josh
Kevin
Lewis
Lucas
Luke
Liam
Michael
Matthew
Martin
Nicholas/Nick
Nathan
Peter
Patrick
Paul
Russell
Ross
Richard/Richie/Ricky
Stephen
Scott
Thomas/Tom
Terry
William
Zach/Zak/Zachary

WankersHacksandThieves Wed 15-Mar-17 22:32:12

Keir
Ged
Hal
Neil
Lewis
Jay
Logan

I do like Joe though.

badg3r Thu 16-Mar-17 00:36:29

Philip?

marmitecheesetoast Thu 16-Mar-17 10:55:19

OP I'm in the same boat - 36 weeks and while me and DH have a couple of girls names we both LOVE, there are no boys names that we really love.
I think Joe from your possibilities is nice, it's quite cool on a little boy and works from a grown up man as well? There are some other good suggestions on here which I need to have a read through myself!

Alittlebitofthis Thu 16-Mar-17 14:12:51

Cole
Ewen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now