Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

agreeable husband

(6 Posts)
nameenvy Fri 03-Mar-17 22:07:09

We are currently thinking of a list of names for babu due in summer. We have a few boys names and a much shorter list for girls.
Here's the thing; I really want the baby to have a name from my home, it will grow up in England and I am happy to accept that somewhat restricts the choice of names to make it easy for others to say and spell. Boys names all good! Girls names more difficult . My husband likes my favourite girls names but I don't think he loves it. There's another English name he likes better which is lovely but not my absolute favourite.

I know he's probably happy enough to pick a name I adore and he likes but is it mean to let him or should he love it?

Enko Fri 03-Mar-17 22:35:49

When DS was named he did not have a name DH and I loved. He had a name we both LIKED... We simply could not agree on a name..

DD1 has a name DH loves and I liked

DD2 has a name we both loved

DD3 has a name I loved DH liked He has later said that he wanted me to have a name I loved as he had got 2 names he loved and I only 1..

FFW 10+ years mine are all now teenagers. I LOVE all their names I have to say especially DS name he just suits it so perfectly...

SO no I dont think your dh has to love it. He does have to like it though. However that doesnt seem to be a issue for you op so I would go ahead.

nameenvy Sat 04-Mar-17 04:39:10

Thank you. That makes me feel better. He has full veto power so he definitely likes it. I just don't want to trample over his wishes.

Imavinoops Sat 04-Mar-17 05:04:13

The name for our baby came out of a very long list of girls names I liked/ loved. The one DP loved I "liked" but that changed rather quickly when DP said how much he loved it! Now I can't imagine her being called anything else. That just IS her name and I now love it! (Plus she isn't even born yet and I think it suits her haha!) If DP has said he is happy to use it and doesn't mind then I would go for it.

Imavinoops Sat 04-Mar-17 05:04:16

The name for our baby came out of a very long list of girls names I liked/ loved. The one DP loved I "liked" but that changed rather quickly when DP said how much he loved it! Now I can't imagine her being called anything else. That just IS her name and I now love it! (Plus she isn't even born yet and I think it suits her haha!) If DP has said he is happy to use it and doesn't mind then I would go for it.

Rockaby Sat 04-Mar-17 14:31:10

When we had DD, DH and I couldn't find names that we both were completely in love with. I had absolute favourites, DH had different favourites. We ended up choosing a shortlist of girl and boy names, which we both liked and would have been happy with. DH chose a girl name from that list and I chose a boy name, (we didn't find out what sex the baby would be till we had her).

If we ever have another, we have said we will do the same thing, though this time I'll have the deciding vote regardless. Fair's fair after all! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now