Talk

Advanced search

Rosalie?

(41 Posts)
rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 20:20:10

I originally posted asking for advice on Miranda, Beatrice or Leila. Someone replied saying they had daughters with two of those names and another called Rosalind. Whilst Rosalind is lovely, I think I would end up calling her Lindy but it set me off thinking about Rosalie, which is just lovely. My husband loves it! I like Rosalie Miranda or Rosalie Leila. We have one son Emmett Levi. What do you think of Emmett and Rosalie? An issue is that our surname ends in -ley. What does Rosalie -ley sound like to you? If you want our surname PM me. Thanks guys!

LottieL Fri 03-Mar-17 20:22:49

Rosalie and Emmett are a couple from the Twilight series of books aren't they? I'd avoid it for that reason alone!

Hiphopopotamus Fri 03-Mar-17 20:22:50

Emmett and Rosalie are a couple in twilight. If I heard both names together I'd assume that was your reason for choosing them!

LottieL Fri 03-Mar-17 20:25:04

And to add I'm not a fan of the books / films but remembered the name association from when there was a lot of hype. I wonder if others may make the connection too.

Itsnothingoriginal Fri 03-Mar-17 20:25:37

I love Rosalie - gorgeous name. Not sure it will work with your surname though confused

rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 20:25:52

Damn it, I thought the hype would have died out by now. Does it really matter, really? It's the only name I truly love.

ohidoliketobe Fri 03-Mar-17 20:26:07

Twilight was first thing I thought of

rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 20:26:26

It's been 9 years!

ZaZathecat Fri 03-Mar-17 20:28:43

Well we haven't all read/seen twilight! I like the name.

LottieL Fri 03-Mar-17 20:28:50

It's up to you obviously but that was my first, and how weird it would be to name siblings after a couple in literature (no matter how crap the series is!) 🙂 If you like it, go for it! Just maybe be aware that people may ask.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Fri 03-Mar-17 20:28:52

I thought of a song by Thin Lizzy (shows age and backs away). Nice name, not sure how it would go with your surname though.

SuperBeagle Fri 03-Mar-17 20:29:44

Never seen or read Twilight, and it's still the first thing I think of.

rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 20:30:09

I know @LottieL, I'm sorry for sounding a bit hysterical.

primson Fri 03-Mar-17 20:30:35

Beautiful name! I love it too. I did not make the Twilight connection at all

ohidoliketobe Fri 03-Mar-17 20:31:04

If it doesn't matter to you then of course it doesnt matter. They're both lovely names.

I did miss the bit in your OP where you mentioned your surname ends in -ley. If it has same number of syllables it could sound a bit too rhymey. I always think people with rhyming first and second names sound like they're out of children's books

LottieL Fri 03-Mar-17 20:31:34

You don't sound hysterical, don't worry! It's a lovely name, it just makes me think of that series 🙂

Dawsonforehead Fri 03-Mar-17 20:31:53

I have a name that is nothing like Rosalie but for some reason when people forget my name they call me Rosalie?! Anyway,I find the name sounds a bit bratty but.... Its your decision and if you love it then go for it!

NameyMcNamerson83 Fri 03-Mar-17 20:31:59

We have an Alice and like Rosalie, until I remembered they're sisters in twilight! Damn twilight! Haha

rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 20:33:50

@ohidoliketobe surname has two syllables and Rosalie has three, does that make the surname clash any better?

RaisinsAndApple Fri 03-Mar-17 20:39:56

Love it, beautiful name, fine with -y surname IMO and I've never read or watched the tedious drivel that is Twilight so did not make the connection. That will die out for sure, once your DC are older.

I have two names from a really annoying kids tv show totally unintentionally, which I freaked about when it was pointed out (too late as both DC already named), but hardly anyone notices or at least if they do they don't comment.

So if you love it, go for it smile

ohidoliketobe Fri 03-Mar-17 20:46:05

So in my head Rosalie Huntley sounds fine and I'd think what a lovely name, but to me Rosalie Connolly is a bit like the start of a limerick.

Rosalie Wriostheley would be cruel.

I have a Benjamin and when pregnant with DD had a brief spell where I loved the name Jennifer. My mum begged me not to end up with a Jenny and Benny grin

rileysheart Fri 03-Mar-17 20:48:08

She'd be Rosalie Kelley.

Garnethair Fri 03-Mar-17 20:49:41

I know a Rosamund. Rosamund Kelley?

PonderLand Fri 03-Mar-17 20:49:48

I used to love twilight as a teen and I didn't make the connection. If you like the name then do it! Both are lovely names

ohidoliketobe Fri 03-Mar-17 20:50:01

I think it sounds lovely OP. Congratulations on your pregnancy btw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now