Talk

Advanced search

Initials CAK- does it matter?

(15 Posts)
hellowembley Fri 03-Mar-17 13:44:52

I want to call our little girl something that will end up giving the initials CAK. A is the first letter of the middle name. When i was younger i heard cak used as a slang word for poo, although admitedly not heard this in a while. Would the initials CAK be a mistake?

sunshine7981 Fri 03-Mar-17 13:51:54

I have those initials and it's never really been a problem for me and even makes up my work email address.

wishcarry Fri 03-Mar-17 13:54:30

I haven't heard the initials CAK refered to as anything bad.
but if it is a slang term from your area could you use the middle name as the first name?

mumsiedarlingrevolta Fri 03-Mar-17 13:55:46

If it is worrying you why not give an additional middle name?

So instead of Caroline Ann King (CAK)

She is now Caroline Ann Patricia King (CAPK)

*whispers. I thought cak was sick? Either way not ideal wink

DorothyBastard Fri 03-Mar-17 13:57:03

Those are my initials too. It's never been commented on by anyone but I never really liked it myself.

hellowembley Fri 03-Mar-17 13:59:03

Thanks! Good to know it's never been an issue sunshine. I guess people dont really think about what your 3 initials spell out anyway. I'm quite commited to the C name as a first name (cleo!!) but 2 middle named is potentially a v good idea

mumsiedarlingrevolta Fri 03-Mar-17 14:07:38

hello ah my name guess not even close wink

was going very generic with my example but think a name like Cleo does lend itself to two middle....

mum2be2boys Fri 03-Mar-17 22:17:28

I also grew up in an area where cak meant poo, so if I'm honest it did make me think of that. I don't think it's really used now though (I'm sounding old now!) so I don't think it's an issue.

Also, it's very rare that all 3 initials would be written down, it's usually just first name and surname.

If it was me I'd go with the names I love :-)

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sat 04-Mar-17 09:50:36

Yes, CAK in my region too.
OP, go with two middle names.

ToastVacuum Sat 04-Mar-17 10:27:02

I vote no for the same reason, sorry.

RedSauce Sat 04-Mar-17 11:40:41

I'm trying to remember if I've ever in my life thought about the initials of my friends or anyone I know and whether they mean anything when spoken as a word.

I definitely never have. I don't think that's something people do.

ILikeSalmon Sat 04-Mar-17 11:49:41

Cack is still used frequently around where I live rather than the word shit.

However it's not often you would put down your three initials so your baby would just be CK

SumAndSubstance Sat 04-Mar-17 16:51:02

Another one here who thought cack was sick, but that is how I would spell it, rather than CAK. They're not the worse initials I've ever seen, but I would be tempted to add another middle name so it doesn't spell that (but not one beginning with 'c'...)

reuset Sat 04-Mar-17 20:29:27

You hardly ever get the opportunity to use the second middle name, even when you're given option to provide it, you find it's still omitted (speaking from experience). So not an ideal way out.
No, won't be often that you'll see the three initials together, but it only takes one person to spot it... Your choice.

Cak grin Teehee <childish>

10Betty10 Sun 05-Mar-17 20:16:44

Cack is poo round here too.

Good call on pp suggesting a second middle name- however make sure it isn't an additional C as we spell it as 'cack' in the midlands!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now