Talk

Advanced search

Looking for some advice...

(10 Posts)
whirliebird Thu 02-Mar-17 10:32:43

Anyone in here Norwegian/Scandinavian or know anything about that sort of names? I've fallen in love with them name Runa and was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it...pronunciation, meaning etc... x

reuset Thu 02-Mar-17 10:39:49

Did you see the recent thread? I'll bump it up for you. I know very little about Scandinavian names but I've heard of Runa and like it well enough.

whirliebird Thu 02-Mar-17 10:40:44

Thank you x

reuset Thu 02-Mar-17 12:31:16

The recent thread about Runa I remember turned out to be your thread also, whirlie grin Sorry

whirliebird Thu 02-Mar-17 13:42:45

Ha ha, that's fine grin I was just looking for a little more info on it. Thank you x

Jooni Thu 02-Mar-17 14:20:25

Why not Google it?

There's a page on Runa on Behind the Name: www.behindthename.com/name/runa

Also Nordic Names, which is a great resource for Scandi names:
www.nordicnames.de/wiki/Runa

I think it's a lovely name. Very unusual but sweet and intuitive to say and spell (it's ROO-na). I know a little one who's 6 months old and she gets Ru for short - adorable!

whirliebird Thu 02-Mar-17 15:17:12

Thank you Jooni, I'll check out those sites. smile

reuset Thu 02-Mar-17 23:00:32

I don't know what was on those links. I found that Runa was the name of a troll in norse mythology. Interesting, but I still like the name, it appears to have a long interesting history. Also used as short for Frideruna and similar names.

wooster16 Sun 05-Mar-17 14:05:12

Runa is lovely smile

Tove
Linnea
Tuva

whirliebird Sun 05-Mar-17 14:38:21

Funnily enough I also know a Tova and a Linnea @wooster16 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now