Elsia

(12 Posts)
FloralOwl Wed 22-Feb-17 16:27:14

I heard this name today and wondered what you thought? I love it but one of my daughters middle names is Elsie so can't use it.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 22-Feb-17 16:47:25

Very pretty, but. I think its one if those names where itll date as quickly as it peaks. Are you looking for name ideas

Sugarpiehoneyeye Wed 22-Feb-17 17:47:55

I like it, of course you can use it.
Elsie is used as a middle name, so it really doesn't matter.

TheTantrumCometh Wed 22-Feb-17 17:54:42

Was it on YouTube? grin

DD used to watch videos of these girls playing with toddler Anna and Elsa dolls who they'd called Anya and Elsia. They had the most annoying voices on the planet. Made me want to scoop my eyes out with forks and use them to stuff my ears grin

I prefer Elsa personally, but it's hardly an offensive name (unless you've seen those videos!)

grufallosfriend Wed 22-Feb-17 21:11:41

I prefer Elsa

RueDeDay Wed 22-Feb-17 21:13:46

Lol TheTantrumCometh I had exactly the same experience!! As a result of which I dislike the name intensely... Elsie is much nicer.

reuset Wed 22-Feb-17 21:43:18

Looks made up, like a version of Elsa.

MrsBellefleur Wed 22-Feb-17 21:45:10

I was also coming on to reference those bloody YouTube videos! It sounds stupid and made up. I much prefer Elsie/Elsa.

MrsJacksonAvery Wed 22-Feb-17 21:47:45

Glad my DD isn't the only one watching that shite on YouTube! I could only hear the whiney voice saying 'Elsia' when I read the OP.

HateSummer Wed 22-Feb-17 21:48:23

TheTantrumCometh 😂 exactly my first thoughts too! My dd2 watches these stupid videos. I don't think "Elsia" is a name...they've just rhymed it with "Anya" 😂😂

ScarletForYa Fri 17-Mar-17 20:24:34

Eh, no cos Elsia and Annia! YouTube. So, no.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Fri 17-Mar-17 20:27:25

How do you pronounce it? Is it the same as Elsie but with an 'a' on the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now