Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Girls names are very difficult!

(24 Posts)
Chlo22 Sat 18-Feb-17 13:11:37

Finding it so hard to think of any girls names. I like loads of them but don't love them. The only one I currently like is Lila. What are your thoughts?? I did always like Sadie but since actually getting pregnant I've gone off of it..!x

NeepNeepNeep Sat 18-Feb-17 13:26:04

Mary is nice. A classic.

kel1234 Sat 18-Feb-17 13:35:50

I found it so hard to choose a girls name when I was pregnant. We didn't want to know the sex until the birth, so had to choose a boy and a girls name. The boys name was decided when I was 5 months. But I was giving birth still not decided 100% on a girls name.
I really liked Jessica, but no one else did which really upset me. I know it'll be the same thing when we try for our second baby, because I still like it but no one else will.
Good luck with your choice

Chlo22 Sat 18-Feb-17 13:44:41

I like Jessica as well actually but other people don't, they think it's boring. Obviously it's down to you and dad but it does put you off when people turn their nose up. I find a lot of girls names just a bit plain and boring xx

Frazzled2207 Sat 18-Feb-17 13:47:47

Really like Lila.
Sadie a bit dated imo. Though Lila might be in a few years, not sure. I know a couple of baby Lilas though.

TheTartOfAsgard Sat 18-Feb-17 13:50:01

I'm the opposite. I have tons of girls names but having a boy.

Names I liked:

Eliza
Imogen
Francesca
Marceline
Matilda
Harriet
Emma
Leah
Sarah

missyB1 Sat 18-Feb-17 13:54:07

Here are my favourites

Fern
Maeve
Erin
Erica
Bria
Zara
Frances
Connie

Crabbo Sat 18-Feb-17 14:03:26

I like it a lot. Pretty, not too popular but not unusual either. Works for a child and an adult (I find lots of pretty sounding girls names would seem a bit weird on a grown woman...)

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 18-Feb-17 14:14:20

I like Jessica as well, but. Other people don't.

What's it got to do with "other people"
Did they consult you when they were naming their children.

More suggestions
Heidi
Lilia
Laila
Bonnie
Bronte
Lucy
Rosa
Georgia
Luanna
Briar
Bryony
Keira
Erin
Melissa
Hannah.

Re Lila. I don't personally like it, but That's just different options

Sugarpiehoneyeye Sat 18-Feb-17 14:19:04

Yes, I like Lila and Jessica, but not Sadie.
Lyra
Jessamine

nursebickypegs Sat 18-Feb-17 14:20:31

Our girl names were
Dorothy
Brienne
Ramona
Alexis

Chlo22 Sat 18-Feb-17 14:27:35

Agree frazzled that Sadie seems a little dated now. I've been waiting a while to conceive so it's gone in and out by the time it's taken lol.

Tart have you got any boys name that you like?

Baby spider, I think you're missing the point of what I am saying. Of course the decision lies with the parents and it's only opinion but I think naturally most people would prefer a reaction of oh what a lovely name choice wouldn't they.

kel1234 Sat 18-Feb-17 14:27:58

Aww look- even my husband didn't like it. That's who I meant mostly. And it has to be a joint decision

PolkadotPony Sat 18-Feb-17 14:28:38

I really like Jessica. My daughters middle name is Jessamy.

I found naming girls so much easier than boys.

RuthB4 Sat 18-Feb-17 17:58:09

I think Jessica is really lovely for what it's worth! Sadie is pretty too. Could you call her Sarah and shorten it to Sadie?
Lila is sweet too, or spelt Lilah.

What about:

Lillian
Bethany
Nina
Amber
Neve
Imogen
Amelia
Daisy
Zara
Zoe
Larissa
Phoebe

MycatsaPirate Sat 18-Feb-17 18:16:56

I love Jessica, I have a friend who is a Jessica plus a few babies and toddlers who are Jessicas.

I have two girls, their names are in this list but also include names I also liked.

Jasmine
Zoe
Holly
Olivia

kel1234 Sat 18-Feb-17 18:20:15

I think I will use it if/ when we have a girl. I think I'd regret it if I didn't.
Her middle name will be Helen though, and our surname starts with S. So would need to decide if Jessica Helen would go or not?
(then comes the decision of a boys name..)
Good luck though op

ImNotAFlower Sat 18-Feb-17 18:28:04

If I has to choose a little girls name again I would go with Thea

HerRoyalNotness Sat 18-Feb-17 18:29:33

Our DD is currently named "she who can't be named" 5 weeks to go and can't form up a name yet. You're right, it is hard

meettherussians Sat 18-Feb-17 18:30:51

To me Jessica is generally thought of as one of the prettiest girls names out there! Despite its popularity it still sounds beautiful/individual the "a" at the end and the punchy sounds of the J and double giving it an upbeat, positive energy . Think of the famous Jessica's- Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba- all beautiful, strong, graceful women.
Boring girls names to me are popular for decades while also just sounding pretty straight/plain like Kate (yawn), Emma, Claire, Sarah, all just bland which Jessica isn't.

Jooni Sat 18-Feb-17 19:07:21

I don't think Sadie is dated at all! I think it's just coming back into style, actually. Lila is very "now" in terms of style: Lily, Layla, Lola, Mila etc. is quite a popular sound at the moment. It is pretty though.

How about Edie, Violet, Marnie, Delilah, Tallulah, Juniper, Rowan, Elsie...?

TheTartOfAsgard Sat 18-Feb-17 19:18:16

What about Jessa or jessamine?

Boygirlmummy Sat 18-Feb-17 19:20:51

I have a Lila and I absolutely love it. I've never met another one and people are always fawning over her name and think it's beautiful. So it's a big fat yes to Lila from me!

Joinourclub Sat 18-Feb-17 19:25:42

I like Sadie. I also like Elsa, Belle, Layla.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now