Talk

Advanced search

Opinions please!

(28 Posts)
avaj Tue 07-Feb-17 14:59:30

All time favourite names have been used on first two dc's, so would appreciate some feedback on my current list! Scottish baby (if that makes a difference!)
Arran
Mack
Kerr
Keir

Rosa
Cait
Sara

KlingybunFistelvase Tue 07-Feb-17 15:05:35

Keir, Kerr, Cait and Rosa are lovely. Not keen on Arran, Mack or Sara.

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 07-Feb-17 16:20:56

I like Keir from your boys list - not one I'd have considered myself but quite nice I think if you have Scottish heritage.

Rosa and Sara are both lovely, and though they are classic and easy to spell, they would sound very fresh to me now amongst all the Lily's and Eva's (they are lovely names too, btw, for anyone who has one, just more popular at the moment)

I think Sara is due a comeback.

LemonBreeland Tue 07-Feb-17 16:26:25

I love Keir, none of the others are particularly to my taste.

EggsEleven Tue 07-Feb-17 16:34:49

I like Rosa but not keen on any of the others.

Sophronia Tue 07-Feb-17 17:53:16

I like Arran, Keir, Rosa and Sara.

WankersHacksandThieves Tue 07-Feb-17 18:01:13

Kerr and Keir were both on my list - used one but with gaelic spelling.

I like Arran too but not keen on Mack. We also liked Gregor and Craig and I loved Struan but it was vetoed.

I like Cait best from the girls but they are all nice. Current favourite girls names are Lorna, Mairi, Kirsty and Shona.

Jojo13 Tue 07-Feb-17 19:30:19

Love Mack from your boys and the only girls one I'm not keen on is Sara

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 07-Feb-17 19:55:42

I love Mack, great name !
I also like Cait.

Jooni Tue 07-Feb-17 20:29:01

I like them all! Favourites are probably Mack and Rosa.

MikeUniformMike Tue 07-Feb-17 20:42:17

How about Cara Mac...

SuperBeagle Tue 07-Feb-17 20:45:44

Mack and Sara. smile

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 07-Feb-17 20:46:52

Mike, 😂😂😂

avaj Tue 07-Feb-17 20:48:24

Nice to see some love for Mack - it's probably my favourite but I thought it might get a lot more negative comments!
Not so sure about Cara mac 😂
I love Mairi too Wankershackers, but vetoed by hubby...

Elbi Tue 07-Feb-17 22:03:04

Love your list! Favourites Kerr and Cait.

mum2be2boys Wed 08-Feb-17 07:41:39

My favourites are Keir and Cait from your lists.

I do like Mack, but I either think of the lorry in the film Cars (thank my 3 year old son!) or the female editor in American TV show The Newsroom (sorry!)

MiniMaxi Wed 08-Feb-17 07:50:15

I like all of those except Mack (which sounds like it should be short for something)

KlingybunFistelvase Wed 08-Feb-17 08:04:30

I just think Mack might get Big Mac or Caramac at school. Though both might be obsolete by the time he's an adult so meh! grin

avaj Thu 09-Feb-17 17:53:24

Hmmm big mac.... could be an issue I suppose 😕

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 09-Feb-17 18:32:04

Nah, Mack is great !

Pleasedonteatchalk Thu 09-Feb-17 18:43:57

Boys list similar to ours was. We had Kerr and Keir and one other which we went with in the end. Oddly enough I had the baby in a small Scottish town and the other baby born that day in the room opposite was Kerr. We were surprised as we thought it quite unusual.

For number two (hahaha maybe one day) I'm loving Cormac nn Mac. Would that suit? Nobody be mean about that please grin

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 09-Feb-17 19:02:48

Please as mentioned above, we had Kerr and Keir. We went with the Gaelic spelling of Keir and he had a Kerr in his primary class!

We moved after both our children were born, to an area where there is a statistical anomaly of Keirs for geographical reasons. Eldest has 4 in his year of 120 yet our "Keir" has none.

WankersHacksandThieves Thu 09-Feb-17 19:08:07

Oh and I really like Cormac.

avaj Thu 09-Feb-17 19:28:39

Oh I hadn't thought of Cormac!
I like that...
I'd been trying to think of longer 'mac' names like Mackenzie, but couldn't find one I liked.

Pemba Thu 09-Feb-17 19:39:09

Quite like Arran and Keir. Kerr sounds a bit abrupt for a name really, and Mack could lead to problems like pps said.

Rosa and Sara are both gorgeous - are you pronouncing as Sarah or Sah-ra? Cait has a nice sound but I find that spelling a bit confusing - couldn't it be short for Caitlin, which is nice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now