Talk

Advanced search

Paige & Reid?

(24 Posts)
BookNut Thu 02-Feb-17 17:16:21

DD & DS due in march.

We have settled on Paige Aurora Beth LastName for DD.

We thought we had settled on Reid Kit Gabrial LastName for DS.

Please no bashing; they have personal reasons and we love them.

My question is this; a colleague who I told the names has pointed out that Paige & Reid sound like Page & Read and seem a bit "themey" - especially when you take into account that my DH is an English teacher.

Would you immediately think of Page & Read? Would you find it strange if you knew us?

I suppose we could change it to Kit Reid Gabrial LastName.

Is Paige & Kit better than Paige & Reid?

MrsCaecilius Thu 02-Feb-17 17:20:48

I wouldn't think of Page and Read, but I do think that the two names together sound like a company.

I visualise a recruitment consultancy rather than two first names.

GallivantingWildebeest Thu 02-Feb-17 17:21:42

Page and Read was my first thought - sorry. But then, I love books.

(Also, Gabriel, not Gabrial.)

Also, ironic with your username. Is this your first post?!

hoddtastic Thu 02-Feb-17 17:21:57

have you thought of Paige and Turner?
and it's Gabriel not Gabrial

strawberrypenguin Thu 02-Feb-17 17:22:13

I thought Page and Read and that you were going for it deliberately. I'd change Reid to Kit. Kit is a lovely name

FrancisCrawford Thu 02-Feb-17 17:22:30

It sounds like a company

Thumbcat Thu 02-Feb-17 17:22:55

I wouldn't necessarily think of page and read but I do think that Kit is much nicer.

BookNut Thu 02-Feb-17 17:28:50

Thanks for the input.

I hadn't noticed until she said it and then it clicked for me -.-

Gallivanting: Yes. First post. Name chosen because of the topic.

Well aware of the spelling of Gabriel usually. But as noted in the first post, personal reasons for the names. That includes spellings. It's a main factor for us using Gabrial as a middle name and not considering it as a first name.

Think we will be going with Paige & Kit then. Thank you for the help.

Wheredidallthejaffacakesgo Thu 02-Feb-17 17:29:05

Aurora and Kit is lovely, and gives a very different impression from Paige and Reid. I think if you spell Gabriel in a non-standard way, the name may stand out for the wrong reasons.

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 02-Feb-17 17:32:55

I wouldn't think of Page and Read, but I do think that the two names together sound like a company.

This is exactly what I was thinking!

Paige and Kit are nice names and they sound lovely together. Way nicer than Paige and Reid.

Knakard Thu 02-Feb-17 17:33:27

I have a Reid and when pregnant with DD wanted Paige but we were out of by exactly the same thing. Hadn't occurred to me till someone said, what will you call the next one, chapter?
I have to say I couldn't get it out my head from there so went with something else instead.

harderandharder2breathe Thu 02-Feb-17 19:35:31

Love Aurora btw

But sorry Paige and Reid sound too themey (surname is Turner is it? Paige Turner)

Sophronia Thu 02-Feb-17 23:38:56

I really like Reid, I'd personally change Paige to something else.

YippieKayakOtherBuckets Sat 04-Feb-17 20:52:09

I see you've moved on, OP, but it sounds like a 70s comedy duo in the vein of Cannon & Ball, and reminds me of the Mitchell & Webb sketch about the fallout when half of each of Fish & Chip and Pin & Cushion leave their respective comedy partners to form Chip & Pin...

Waterfeature Sat 04-Feb-17 22:18:52

Please don't misspell your child's name! "Gabrial" is just wrong.

greeeen Sat 04-Feb-17 23:12:36

Aurora and Kit

lloydlf76 Sat 04-Feb-17 23:26:19

I'd keep Reid and change Paige

GinIsIn Sat 04-Feb-17 23:35:50

Paige and Kit definitely better - Paige and Reid sounds like a bookshop. I do think you should spell Gabriel correctly though.

avaj Tue 07-Feb-17 17:47:29

Stick with Reid- it's fab!
I don't think 'page & read' because I would picture them the way they are spelt.

TurkeyDinosaurs Tue 07-Feb-17 18:00:06

Thought this even before I scrolled down the post. Sorry.

midcenturymodern Tue 07-Feb-17 18:08:11

Not too bad for adult siblings but you (and their teachers) have a lot of 'Reid, Read that Page. Paige, you can read after Reid.' to get through before it's not annoying.
(also, it sounds like a solicitors)

originalusernamefail Tue 07-Feb-17 18:11:34

Another vote for Aurora & Reid .

NickyEds Tue 07-Feb-17 18:15:03

Sounds like an estate agent. Page and read wouldn't occur to me though.

Kazzawazza69 Tue 07-Feb-17 21:34:29

I agree Paige and Reid sounds like a company. I would go with Aurora and Kit. Reid is too "surnamey" for me but fine as a middle name if it has personal meaning to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now