Talk

Advanced search

Tell me your honest opinion

(12 Posts)
AutumnRose1988 Thu 02-Feb-17 08:50:51

When your surname is a colour, how silly would it be to use the following names??(which I really quite like)

Summer
Jasmine
August
Rose
Autumn
Daisy

I am concerned that it is going to sound too much like a paint colour.

Be honest and tell me what you would really think if you, say, encountered a Summer White, Jasmine Green, Autumn Brown?

Would you think nothing/cute/how bloody ridiculous???

All thoughts welcome x

Gallavich Thu 02-Feb-17 08:52:39

Summer, august and autumn are a bit contradictory! I know a Summer born in December which I think is a bit weird. So I'd avoid a season name that doesn't match the season in which she was born. I also think that nature name + colour is always going to sound a bit dulux paint charty.

Elbi Thu 02-Feb-17 08:57:40

I think it depends on whether the colour has a link with that season/plant etc. So Rose Red would draw comments but I don't think Rose Black would. Daisy White is borderline but people probably wouldn't think twice about Daisy Brown.

user1477282676 Thu 02-Feb-17 08:59:37

It depends.

Rose White might sound odd but Rose Black sounds fine to me.

If you like the sound of the name with your surname, then that's enough.

Summer Green is nice...though I don't especially like Summer, it sounds nice with Green.

lemonzest123 Thu 02-Feb-17 09:02:22

August is what I'm going to call my puppy smile

Lovely name

AutumnRose1988 Thu 02-Feb-17 09:14:17

gallavich you are saying what I am, I suppose, secretly thinking. I think a colour surname can really cause some unexpected pitfalls and I wanted to really get some honest opinions so I knew I wouldn't be lumbering a child with a laughable name.

What if something was double barrelled like Rose-Sophia Red or Autumn-Ray White?

AutumnRose1988 Thu 02-Feb-17 09:14:45

gallavich you are saying what I am, I suppose, secretly thinking. I think a colour surname can really cause some unexpected pitfalls and I wanted to really get some honest opinions so I knew I wouldn't be lumbering a child with a laughable name.

What if something was double barrelled like Rose-Sophia Red or Autumn-Ray White?

Gallavich Thu 02-Feb-17 09:16:46

Oh god no to double barrelling, especially something-Ray confused

PurpleDaisies Thu 02-Feb-17 09:17:07

I think the double barrelling is worse-they sound like country singers now.

I agree that it depends on the colour for the surname. Some will sound fine.

AutumnRose1988 Thu 02-Feb-17 09:23:20

I was desperately clutching at straws with the -Ray wasn't I? Hehe xx
You are right, I know you are right..:doh!

GreatScot8 Thu 02-Feb-17 10:15:10

Summer White sounds fine to me.

Jasmine Green and Autumn Brown do not.

It just depends.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 02-Feb-17 10:17:39

Could you possibly tell us the colour name OP ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now